Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

I don't want to breastfeed anymore. I feel trapped!

Anonymous
Posted by Anonymous
  • 120 Replies
My daughter will not take formula. Will not take bottles. I've tried giving her breastmilk from a bottle. I don't want to breastfeed anymore. I'm just done. For many reasons. I feel depressed because I'm exhausted ALL the time. My son tells me that i only like feeding sissy because that's all i do everyday. I can't gets anything else done. I'm FAT because i can't lose weight. Everytime I try to lower calories. My milk supply lessens. I'm STARVING all the time! What can i do. Someone please give me advice!

She is 5 months old

Bashers don't even bother.
Posted by Anonymous on May. 21, 2013 at 7:55 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
MommyO2-6631
by Silver Member on May. 21, 2013 at 7:56 AM
how old is your baby?
lucky2Beeme
by Ruby Member on May. 21, 2013 at 7:57 AM
10 moms liked this

stop and give her the bottle. She will get it might take a few hours but once she gets really hungry she will accept it.

LysNVantesMom
by on May. 21, 2013 at 7:58 AM

How old is she?  

iamcafemom83
by Ruby Member on May. 21, 2013 at 7:59 AM
Nursing is HARD work! I never realized how demanding it was til my first was born. I literally felt like a milk machine. The first few weeks, that I literally all I did all day--nurse!!
Being hungry all the time sounds about right.
I never lost weight while nursing. I think that's just a myth!;) don't lower your calories, just eat good foods.
There is a breastfeeding group here on CM that really helped me a lot.
Kristen.Marie
by Bronze Member on May. 21, 2013 at 7:59 AM
It does get easier as they get older, especially once they are able to eat baby food.
xomrs.chase
by Ruby Member on May. 21, 2013 at 8:00 AM
1 mom liked this
She'll accept it eventually. If you really want to stop.

She must be very small if you're nursing all the time. It slows down eventually.

You're starving because breast feeding burns calories. Eat good food and you'll lose the weight. It played ahuge role in my weight loss (70lbs)
AVSpecWife4
by Ruby Member on May. 21, 2013 at 8:02 AM

you poor thing

TaralynnStewart
by Platinum Member on May. 21, 2013 at 8:03 AM
I don't know how old the baby is, but my DD was the same way. She nursed every 2hrs and would scream and scream at the sight if a bottle. My mom was the only one that could get her to take one and I think it was because she knew momma wasn't there. I did not leave the baby for more then two hrs and I too felt like a trapped milk producing machine for over a year. It gets better. Its get easier. It becomes a way of every day life. I hope things get easier for you
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Anonymous
by Anonymous 2 on May. 21, 2013 at 8:07 AM
5 moms liked this
Then just keep working on giving her a bottle, she'll get used to it soon enough. Oh and be prepared for the crunchies to tell you not to stop. The breast feeding group is not a nice group, they will guilt you. You do what's best for you op not because someone made you feel guilty about it!!
Anonymous
by Anonymous 3 on May. 21, 2013 at 8:10 AM

I think similac just came out with a supplementation formula designed for breast feeding moms that wanna introduce formula.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)