Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

Ways to fix Cafe Mom, to make it better-but will CM listen?

Posted by   + Show Post

1) bring back the instant messaging feature! Was a great way to get to know others here in a timely  manner and without the slowness of email.

2) LOSE the 'ANON' feature.. this allows people to play games and add unwanted drama to forums

3) make the 'Quote' feature be more restrictive, meaning I hate reading a post where i have to spend alot of time scrolling down to read a reply because someone quoted someone who quoted someone 13 times... should be a limit..

4) In forums and posts, should be able to see more than just 10 at a time.

5)I really dislike these 'groups' who demand that you post some many comments/replies by a certain time or they discontinue your membership~~ FK YOU,, sorry but come on really?

6) the profile pic~ they should make you post a pic of SOMETHING..

7) someway to limit the 'Drama-Momma's" attention whores.

8) ???

by on May. 21, 2013 at 8:57 AM
Replies (241-248):
ThatSkinnyGirl
by FAT on May. 21, 2013 at 1:58 PM
1 mom liked this
Thread memory. Most other large forums have it. It means your account somehow keeps track of what posts you have read and where you left off. So for this one, after I leave - if I come back to it later it will open directly where I left off reading, whatever page you were last on.

It's really convenient for long drama posts like this. ;-) then people wouldn't have to hold place by "Like this post to hold my place" or by using quotes or whatever.

Sometimes you might just be reading a long post and haven't commented and need to come back later. By the time you come back its 30 pages longer or whatever. It just makes sense. I hate having no thread memory here and having to find my place in posts.

Quoting mommy-becca:

can you explain that answer???

Quoting ThatSkinnyGirl:

Thread fucking memory!

Maevelyn
by Gold Member on May. 21, 2013 at 2:00 PM

You should be able to see all the replies that quoted a reply, that way you can just read it. 

Anonymous
by Anonymous on May. 21, 2013 at 2:03 PM

I disagree.  I am not close with anyone on here, don't mind people posting anon, think the drama mommas are funny, and like being notified when I'm quoted.  I am more likely to be interested in the quoted response.  I didn't know that some groups kick you out; that is dumb.

Sept-babies2
by Gold Member on May. 21, 2013 at 2:08 PM
I think i would just leave this site if most of that stuff you listed happend. I think the anon button is a good idea especially for person stuff and those who have questions but don't want to be known. Some do abuse it but those that do i am pretty sure the get it taken away.
I actually enjoy reading the drama here. I don't ever start it or get in the middle but i find it very entertaining.
Annettey19
by Gold Member on May. 21, 2013 at 2:09 PM
What I wish is that you could pick what shows up on the main page group activity. Mom Confessions swamps all the other smaller groups, and it'd be easier to choose to individually go to that one rather than going to catch up on all the little groups one at a time.
nocalmegan
by Ruby Member on May. 21, 2013 at 2:11 PM
I wouldn't come here of not for the drama in MC. It's so entertaining. Lol. I like anon because I can share personal things without being me.
I wish I could put a pic when I quote someone.
crumpy_gat
by No. on May. 21, 2013 at 5:03 PM
This was my suggestion a few weeks ago. I like it.

Eta...now that I've read replies I change my mind. Some ppl need anon to protect their identity so I'm cool with that.

What would be neat is a numbering system..the first person to reply to a post would be anonymous 1, the next would be anonymous 2, so on. Then when anons argue we would know who is who lol

Quoting askyourmother:

I want the anon feature for original poster only. If you're replying you don't have the option to be anonymous.
mommy-becca
by Bronze Member on May. 22, 2013 at 7:05 AM
1 mom liked this

I like the numbering anon thing...def yes!!!

Quoting crumpy_gat:

This was my suggestion a few weeks ago. I like it.

Eta...now that I've read replies I change my mind. Some ppl need anon to protect their identity so I'm cool with that.

What would be neat is a numbering system..the first person to reply to a post would be anonymous 1, the next would be anonymous 2, so on. Then when anons argue we would know who is who lol

Quoting askyourmother:

I want the anon feature for original poster only. If you're replying you don't have the option to be anonymous.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)