Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

Is weather free will?

Anonymous
Posted by Anonymous
  • 11 Replies

why do people pray after the fact?   What does god have to do with it then?  He can't help.  ??

Posted by Anonymous on May. 21, 2013 at 9:04 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Anonymous
by Anonymous on May. 21, 2013 at 9:06 AM
Seriously, this was posted last night and was equally annoying now as it was then.

People lost loved ones and their homes. Must you stir the pot?
RightSock
by on May. 21, 2013 at 9:07 AM

*shrugs*

just_hc
by Gold Member on May. 21, 2013 at 9:09 AM

People pray for the people affected by the storms.   You pray for their safety, the safely of loved ones, comfort for those who lost everything including loved ones.  Why are you so insensitive? 

Anonymous
by Anonymous - Original Poster on May. 21, 2013 at 9:17 AM

Quoting just_hc:

People pray for the people affected by the storms.   You pray for their safety, the safely of loved ones, comfort for those who lost everything including loved ones.  Why are you so insensitive? 

I think I believe I am the exact opposite.  I can't stop crying.  It hurts to see the pain. I don't understand how ppl trust  someone so much that doesn't seem to help.   I want to , but the I must be to logical.  I really don't know

lwalker270
by Ruby Member on May. 21, 2013 at 9:19 AM

Because it brings them comfort.  

DanaG70
by Platinum Member on May. 21, 2013 at 9:23 AM

Because it brings them comfort and peace, as an atheist I don't always understand it either, but I can see where people turn to their faith when they have nowhere else to turn.

just_hc
by Gold Member on May. 21, 2013 at 9:23 AM

Quoting Anonymous:

Quoting just_hc:

I think I believe I am the exact opposite.  I can't stop crying.  It hurts to see the pain. I don't understand how ppl trust  someone so much that doesn't seem to help.   I want to , but the I must be to logical.  I really don't know

I understand what you are saying.  The world is a cynical place.  I have moments like that too.  It's hard to see so much devastation.  I'm not a very religious person but I was raised to believe.  I see weather as science not God.  It's an uncontrollable force.  I do not believe for a second that God sends tornados to destroy thing.   That's science.  I see God as something that can comfort us.  Everyone needs comfort in their lives.   This is probably not an acceptable answer from the hard core believers though. 

AmberRose1122
by Gold Member on May. 21, 2013 at 9:24 AM
Comfort. You're being very insensitive.
macbudsmom
by Ruby Member on May. 21, 2013 at 9:24 AM

If you don't believe, why does it matter to you?  Leave it alone.

Shabbydoll78
by on May. 21, 2013 at 9:30 AM

I suppose they pray because it gives them some comfort or solace. Maybe they pray because they feel scared or lonely or sad. A coping mechanism ? At any rate, I don't see the harm in it. Just because I don't believe in an interventionist God, doesn't mean I should criticize others that do. Or fault them when they turn to their spirituality to cope.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)