Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

Mystery Smell...HELP ME GET RID OF IT! *UPDATE* Took The Test

Posted by on May. 21, 2013 at 10:10 AM
  • 50 Replies

I am going insane! There is this odd smell coming from my  fridge and I cannot figure out what the hell it is.  A couple weeks ago, my son pulled out a pitcher of tea and it dumped all over the floor and under the fridge. I cleaned it all up and pulled the fridge out and mopped all of it up. I even double checked a few days ago and pulled it out again to clean under it.

I made a cheesecake last week. I ended up throwing it out before the weekend because the smell was making me a little queasy. I threw out anything that was going bad. I then took everything out of the fridge and wiped it down with cleaner. I did the same for the freezer.

The smell is still in there. It smells like soured cheesecake, but I have no fucking clue where it's coming from. Every time someone opens the fridge, I get a little nauseated. My husband says he can't smell it anymore, but I don't see how he cant. I have a thing of baking soda in there as well and I. CAN. STILL. SMELL. IT.

Someone help me! What else should I do?

*UPDATE* For those saying I'm pregnant, the test was negative. I'm due for my period this week (or early next week) though...so even if I WAS pregnant, it is probably too soon for a test.

by on May. 21, 2013 at 10:10 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
lcappytan05
by on May. 21, 2013 at 10:15 AM

BUMP!

SterlingHeart
by on May. 21, 2013 at 10:17 AM

i have this issue with certain smells no one else in my house can smell --- i use pinsol or bleach and am a fabreeze nut 

good luck

SuperPickle
by Gold Member on May. 21, 2013 at 10:18 AM
1 mom liked this

Are you pregnant? With my second son I SWORE our fridge stunk the entire time I was pregnant. I dont know how many times I cleaned that sucker out LOL.

lcappytan05
by on May. 21, 2013 at 10:19 AM

I've done all of that. UGH! I hate this. lol.

Quoting SterlingHeart:

i have this issue with certain smells no one else in my house can smell --- i use pinsol or bleach and am a fabreeze nut 

good luck

lcappytan05
by on May. 21, 2013 at 10:20 AM

I don't think so, but I guess it's possible. I'm not due for my period until later this week though (or beginning of next week)

Quoting SuperPickle:

Are you pregnant? With my second son I SWORE our fridge stunk the entire time I was pregnant. I dont know how many times I cleaned that sucker out LOL.

SterlingHeart
by on May. 21, 2013 at 10:21 AM
1 mom liked this

my only other thought is to take everything out and let it air out and put some fresh cut lemons in there while it is airing out......  sorry your so frustrated! 

Quoting lcappytan05:

Quoting SterlingHeart:

good luck

SterlingHeart

"these ramblings courtesy of a mom over 40"

Destiny907
by Gold Member on May. 21, 2013 at 10:23 AM
2 moms liked this

There ARE drip pans in most fridges... some pull-out pan under there- that is where the smell is from!

Pull out your fridge, get a flashlight and really look for it!!! It will pull out and you can clean it!

pennyvan
by Member on May. 21, 2013 at 10:24 AM
1 mom liked this

Get a bag of charcoal put charcoal in  bowl in the freezer and fridge and the smell should go away. Also just get regular charcoal not the kind that lighter fluid already in it. I have worked in property management for years and I have seen and smelled some really rank refrigerators. Hope this helps.

lcappytan05
by on May. 21, 2013 at 10:25 AM

I'll try...I have some fresh lemons in there to use for cooking, but I may have to try this.

Quoting SterlingHeart:

my only other thought is to take everything out and let it air out and put some fresh cut lemons in there while it is airing out......  sorry your so frustrated! 

Quoting lcappytan05:

Quoting SterlingHeart:

good luck

lcappytan05
by on May. 21, 2013 at 10:27 AM

Alright, I'm getting ready to do some cleaning (my regular stuff and then try to tackle this smell)...I'll let you ladies know if I find anything that works :)

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)