Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

Anyone have experience with a pedi infectious disease dr?

Anonymous
Posted by Anonymous
  • 13 Replies
My ds, 1,has been battling fevers almost daily since March. He has been seen at his dr and er about 9 times total since March. They have done bloodwork and other tests and can't find a single thing wrong. No other symptoms what so ever. The fevers range from 99.1 to 103.5. He has also seen an ent just to be sure.

Today dr just called and said they are sending him to an infectious disease..Dr. Two hours away. Iam scared shitless :(
Posted by Anonymous on May. 21, 2013 at 11:01 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Anonymous
by Anonymous - Original Poster on May. 21, 2013 at 11:05 AM
Bump
Anonymous
by Anonymous - Original Poster on May. 21, 2013 at 11:06 AM
Bump
MojoRising
by on May. 21, 2013 at 11:07 AM
I'm sorry. I've no experience.
Anonymous
by Anonymous - Original Poster on May. 21, 2013 at 11:26 AM
Bump
Anonymous
by Anonymous - Original Poster on May. 21, 2013 at 11:35 AM
Bump
Lvmyliberty
by Member on May. 21, 2013 at 11:37 AM
I would say its because they don't know what's wrong with him. And it could be a good thing to get answers to get him better
Anonymous
by Anonymous - Original Poster on May. 21, 2013 at 11:41 AM
His pedi flat out told me he was stumped. It really scared me :(. I just want to kind of get an idea of what to expect iam sure it will involve blood work but iam just kinda curious to know what kind of diseases they'll test for.

Quoting Lvmyliberty:

I would say its because they don't know what's wrong with him. And it could be a good thing to get answers to get him better

SweetMamii
by on May. 21, 2013 at 11:43 AM

Hope you get answers! and your LO gets better!

Anonymous
by Anonymous - Original Poster on May. 21, 2013 at 11:44 AM
Thank you :)

Quoting SweetMamii:

Hope you get answers! and your LO gets better!

nova.mommy
by Silver Member on May. 21, 2013 at 12:00 PM

I did for me and she was great.  I also had a fever for several weeks with no apparent reason.  My fever was low grade, so it was about a week before I went to the doctor.  Not to scare you, but it end up that I had an infection around my heart.  Not one that very many get.  I was born with a hole in my heart.  That was about 30 years before and I was to small for the heart-lung machine for them to operate(now a days they can fix it at birth, no problem).  After several blood cultures, this culture slowly started to develop. Once she was able to find it, I was put on the right antibiotic and was cleared up in a week or two and back to normal within two more weeks.  She was very good in explaining to me and DH everything she was doing and why she was doing it.  She was more through then my regular doctor.  

I was upsetand anxious I had to go to her, but was glad my doctor was able to say she didn't know what else she could do and needed help. 

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)