Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

Would you sign your kids up for this? Edit- my mistake

Posted by on May. 21, 2013 at 11:24 AM
  • 54 Replies
There's a summer playground program in my community, like a day camp.It's $235 for 2 kids for a 6 week program, M-F, 9-3.
They do field trips also; movies, skating, stuff like that.
My children are 5 (entering first grade in the fall) and 7 (second grade in the fall)
My husband thinks it's a bad idea because its like dropping them off with strangers. To me it's no different than school, it's through the town, parks and rec department. It's not run by teenagers like the YMCA camp, there are adults. CPR/first aid certified, background checked, etc.
I thought it would be fun for them, they'll get to see their friends and make new ones, plus they won't be bored at home, there really isn't much to do around here.

So, all of that said, is this something you would sign your kid up for?

Edit- I made a mistake, 6 weeks is the FULL session, the $235 covers two children for 3 weeks. Still a great price lol, but I mixed up the length. I'm getting good feedback on the community forum, I think we will be doing this.
by on May. 21, 2013 at 11:24 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
peanutsmommy1
by Ruby Member on May. 21, 2013 at 11:26 AM

yep, I sure would

Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 on May. 21, 2013 at 11:27 AM
Yea I would
Bellum
by Bronze Member on May. 21, 2013 at 11:27 AM

Yes, and that rate is unbelievably good!

AjCeCeMom
by Ruby Member on May. 21, 2013 at 11:27 AM
Yup. That's really cheap!
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
elephantmamaof2
by Ruby Member on May. 21, 2013 at 11:28 AM

If they offered it for shorter periods, like 2 weeks or something I absolutely would. But due to our schedule I couldn't commit to 6 weeks. I think it would be fun though, I remember doing a camp very similar to that when I was little and it was a blast! And that's really an awesome price! And they have all of the clearances and stuff, its most likely just teachers who are off for the summer!

UxorQuodMatris.
by Ruby Member on May. 21, 2013 at 11:28 AM
That's what I said about the price. I think I would be an idiot to pass this up lol.
amberleh
by Gold Member on May. 21, 2013 at 11:30 AM

That is awesome! I would do it in a heartbeat, especially for that price!

Jennyanne322
by Ruby Member on May. 21, 2013 at 11:30 AM
Yes I would. That is dirt cheep. It's about $500 a week here, for those same times and for only one kid.
hip2it
by Silver Member on May. 21, 2013 at 11:30 AM

I would.  I have mine in summer programs through the local community college, ages 6-16.  They're are about 50 different classes where they learn science or math through fun stuff, like building rockets, etc.  Two sessions a day, 4 hours each, so you can do half a day or a whole day.  It's 6 weeks long and $89 per child total.

peanutsmommy1
by Ruby Member on May. 21, 2013 at 11:30 AM

I am paying about $400 for 14 days of day camp for one kid, that is a STEAL

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)