Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

Is removing "God" from school really making it a worse place for our children?

Posted by on May. 21, 2013 at 11:26 AM
  • 59 Replies
Why or why not?
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
by on May. 21, 2013 at 11:26 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
vvinkyloafer
by on May. 21, 2013 at 11:29 AM
Blahblahblah
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Momniscient
by Ruby Member on May. 21, 2013 at 11:30 AM
2 moms liked this

If saying you can't sanction a christian prayer and force it on an audience in a public school is taking 'God' out of public school then people have worse problems of shaky faith.

That's the problem... not taking 'God' out of things.

vvinkyloafer
by on May. 21, 2013 at 11:33 AM
I don't see God as a terrible being but many of the people who are Christian make it seem like the world will end because He's taken out of the Pledge and out of schools. It's not. Bad things will continue to happen, just like they did before God was taken out.

Quoting Momniscient:

If saying you can't sanction a christian prayer and force it on an audience in a public school is taking 'God' out of public school then people have worse problems of shaky faith.

That's the problem... not taking 'God' out of things.

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
PhoenixV
by on May. 21, 2013 at 11:33 AM

I don't think so. Religion is not something I would want a stranger teaching my child. They may have different beliefs than I do. I would rather it be kept out of schools so they are not teaching THEIR beliefs to my children, and so my children can focus on their education.

Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 on May. 21, 2013 at 11:34 AM
I don't think so. I think there are too many factors to name. If you haven't noticed, the whole country's going to the shitter, not just the schools.
Anonymous
by Anonymous 2 on May. 21, 2013 at 11:35 AM
1 mom liked this
I don't get the logic. God is pissed at not having prayer in school so he levels two elementary schools?
vvinkyloafer
by on May. 21, 2013 at 11:35 AM
1 mom liked this
I don't think teaching religion is wrong. Focusing on teaching one whilst condemning others, yeah. People should be more open about learning more about other religions.

Quoting PhoenixV:

I don't think so. Religion is not something I would want a stranger teaching my child. They may have different beliefs than I do. I would rather it be kept out of schools so they are not teaching THEIR beliefs to my children, and so my children can focus on their education.

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
ColtsFan1912
by FriendoftheFoot on May. 21, 2013 at 11:35 AM
2 moms liked this

no. Because God can't be contained into a box. If people really want their kids to learn about God they can do it at home. 

vvinkyloafer
by on May. 21, 2013 at 11:36 AM
1 mom liked this
That's a Westboro Baptist logic right there.

Quoting Anonymous:

I don't get the logic. God is pissed at not having prayer in school so he levels two elementary schools?

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
db1au
by Bronze Member on May. 21, 2013 at 11:36 AM

I don't think so.  I don't remember any god/religion talk when I went to school and I graduated almost 30 years ago. 

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)