Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

I find it utterly ridiculous!

Anonymous
Posted by Anonymous
  • 165 Replies

That my husbands ex is calling him wanting to know if we can pay $1000 for one of his daughters who wants to be in Color Guard....

We do NOT have that kind of money laying around, we basically live paycheck to paycheck and BM knows this...she lives in a nicer area than us, kids go to better schools, and she expects us to be able to keep up that lifestyle for them.

But what about DH and my kids? They have to suffer because their older (half) sisters want to be popular in high school?

Yeah we could maybe scrape up the money by end of summer but in the meantime we would have to go without summer clothes for our boys (and I'm not talking nice quality things, I mean like Target shorts and tshirts....), we need new air conditioners soon, vacuum cleaner, and we are trying to save a little $$ to hopefully buy a house and get out of this bad part of town soon....

He told her we just didn't and wouldnt have that kind of money. I'm sure they are mad but oh well, honestly those kids don't like us anyways, they ONLY come around when they want money, like a month ago I gave one of my stepdaughters $200 (out of MY paycheck, DH didn't have it....) for a school trip....asked for a receipt and an itinerary, got nothing, not even a thank you from her.

So Why would we even WANT to give those kids anything above and beyond the child support we already pay??

Of course we love them but they are teens and are difficult, their manipulative mother fills their heads full of lies about their dad so they think he is a deadbeat....Its just not the greatest situation at the moment. Hopefully when they get a little older and out from underneath mamas thumb it will be better, but for now we can't really do anything about it.

Posted by Anonymous on May. 21, 2013 at 2:57 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on May. 21, 2013 at 3:00 PM

bump

OwlNuggets
by HAIL NUGGY! on May. 21, 2013 at 3:02 PM
19 moms liked this

Well since both set of children are his EQUALLY i would think it would indeed fall to him to help pay half for ALL of his children's activities and needs.
I would offer to pay half ($500) for color-guard and insist the mother pay the other half. That's fair.

Bethsunshine
by on May. 21, 2013 at 3:02 PM
5 moms liked this
So your kids are more important? Extra curricular activities are a luxury not a necessity but your husband should make an effort to at least pay part of the fee. BM and SD should pony up the rest if it's something she really wants to do. You knew when you married him he had kids and it isn't the kids fault you can't manage your money.
Josie_P
by on May. 21, 2013 at 3:03 PM

Maybe pay half half? 

wkukid
by Beach Bum on May. 21, 2013 at 3:04 PM

Shouldn't she pay half?

Tracylynn100
by Silver Member on May. 21, 2013 at 3:04 PM

My ex always said that is what child support was for, he paid nothing extra

TheDoctorsWife
by on May. 21, 2013 at 3:05 PM

Dad should pay for half IMO

Anonymous
by Anonymous 2 on May. 21, 2013 at 3:05 PM
1 mom liked this

Also...in what world does being in the color guard make you popular? I was in the color guard in high school....I was not an outcast, but I was not one of the popular girls either.....

Quoting Bethsunshine:

So your kids are more important? Extra curricular activities are a luxury not a necessity but your husband should make an effort to at least pay part of the fee. BM and SD should pony up the rest if it's something she really wants to do. You knew when you married him he had kids and it isn't the kids fault you can't manage your money.

Stephd710
by Ruby Member on May. 21, 2013 at 3:05 PM
1 mom liked this

I would say that "We cant afford the whole $1000 but we can contribute X amount towards it."

emeraldangel20
by on May. 21, 2013 at 3:05 PM

pay half.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN