Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

daughter put assault charges on my husband :(

Anonymous
Posted by Anonymous
  • 1106 Replies

I know I'll probably get bashed to hell for this, but I need to vent and need advice.

My husband and I are very religious Christians and have raised our children in church, surrounding them with those values and upholding them in our own lives. We have 6 children, from 4-19, and for the most part have been successful in raising happy, healthy and moral kids.

Our daughter Lyla is 17. She has been dating a boy for about 6 months, in what we thought was a well supervised situation. It recently came to my attention from looking at her texts that they have had sex, and have done so at his house and in his car. 

I told my husband about it and he was furious. When she came home, we attempted to talk to her and she had such an attitude. When my husband said that those weren't the values we raised her with, she shrugged and said "so what?". My husband lost his cool and slapped her across the face, accidentally splitting her lip in the process. She ran out of the house and to her boyfriend's.

Within the hour, the police were there and arrested my husband for assault. I have talked to her, and she intends on pressing and pursuing charges. This was two days ago, and she's stayed at the boyfriend's house every since. 

I'm at a loss about what to do :( Part of me is furious with her for doing this. My husband has been a good father to her and is our sole financial supporter. 

Prayers would be much appreciated. Does anyone have any advice?

Posted by Anonymous on May. 21, 2013 at 10:27 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
CoastieWifey83
by Silver Member on May. 21, 2013 at 10:29 PM
28 moms liked this

My advice is to get her on birth control. She is 17! You cant be that clueless that you thought she wasnt having sex? She is almost an adult legally. Nothing much you can do now.

Life is a gift. Accept it.

coast guardgiving mom gift

bowribbonmama
by Ruby Member on May. 21, 2013 at 10:30 PM
62 moms liked this
Good for her and congrats on pushing your daughter away.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
starlight91
by on May. 21, 2013 at 10:31 PM
7 moms liked this

Shes 17, time to give up trying to control her.

laineysmum
by Silver Member on May. 21, 2013 at 10:31 PM
26 moms liked this

Good. 

Your husband shouldn't hit his kids. Certainly not hard enough to "accidentally" split a lip. 

nancym3
by Silver Member on May. 21, 2013 at 10:32 PM
15 moms liked this
If my dad split my lip "accidentally", I would press charges too. I don't blame her one bit.
ChevronOwls
by on May. 21, 2013 at 10:32 PM
Tough situation. She was very disrespectful BUT for your husband to split her lip? That's horrible! I'm glad he got in trouble for it. What do you plan to do about your daughter?
Allons-y
by Rose Tyler on May. 21, 2013 at 10:32 PM
7 moms liked this
I am for discipline, but a line was crossed. She's almost an adult and he split her lip.
Anonymous
by Anonymous 2 on May. 21, 2013 at 10:33 PM
Uhh your husband busted her lip...
purpleducky
by Ruby Member on May. 21, 2013 at 10:33 PM
11 moms liked this

I agree with this. OP - just because you raised your daughter in a set of values doesn't mean she will adopt those values. She is nearly an adult and you need to treat her as such. 

Quoting bowribbonmama:

Good for her and congrats on pushing your daughter away.

GibsonSD92
by Silver Member on May. 21, 2013 at 10:33 PM
13 moms liked this
Don't you think splitting her lip entailed something more than a little "accidental" force behind it. That's messed up. Great Christian values to uphold..

Also, if DH were to ever split our sons ANYTHING open, we're gone. Fuck you for thinking that's okay.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)