Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

This is a good parent. IMO.

Posted by on May. 21, 2013 at 10:45 PM
  • 138 Replies
4 moms liked this

Has anyone seen this story?

http://twentytwowords.com/2013/05/21/mom-sends-daughter-to-school-in-ugly-clothes-as-consequence-for-bullying/

I think what this mom did was great. I hate that most bullies parents dont do anything about their kids. I really hope this girl learned her lesson.

Do you agree with what this mom did?

If not what would you do? 

by on May. 21, 2013 at 10:45 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
paganmommy4
by on May. 21, 2013 at 10:47 PM
7 moms liked this

Kids learn to bully from their parents

Think of all the mean nasty things women say about other women ( fat, clothes, house, looks, ETC) and then children think that this is okay to say to others when its not, so I think that this mom did the right thing, you want to make fun of kids clothes well guess what...

I remember in 7th grade there was a new girl that was being made fun of because of her clothes, when my friends and I sat with her at talked to her about it, not to worry what others think about her clothes

KMadsen
by Gold Member on May. 21, 2013 at 10:50 PM
8 moms liked this

She basically just enforced the idea that certain clothing/styles are cool & the other is not.

aidensmomma12
by Silver Member on May. 21, 2013 at 10:52 PM
1 mom liked this
I think that was fair punishment.
Anonymous
by Anonymous on May. 21, 2013 at 10:55 PM
4 moms liked this

The mom purposefully picked out clothes that she knew would cause her child to be bullied. So in essence, she totally reinforced the idea of bullying based on clothing. And that kids will be bullied, and the bullying encouraged  by some adults, for nothing more than clothing choices. Way to go mom! 

Seagodess
by Platinum Member on May. 21, 2013 at 10:58 PM
6 moms liked this

Of coarse she KNEW she would get bullied. However by making her get bullied herself, she found out what it feels like and hopefully will stop her from doing it in the future. In the end, there is at least 1 less bully.

Quoting Anonymous:

The mom purposefully picked out clothes that she knew would cause her child to be bullied. So in essence, she totally reinforced the idea of bullying based on clothing. And that kids will be bullied, and the bullying encouraged  by some adults, for nothing more than clothing choices. Way to go mom! 

AliKatAK47
by Meanie Pants on May. 21, 2013 at 11:00 PM

That was hilarious. 

Anonymous
by Anonymous on May. 21, 2013 at 11:00 PM
1 mom liked this
Her mom sounds like a bully.
Anonymous
by Anonymous on May. 21, 2013 at 11:02 PM
1 mom liked this

No she didn't insure against further bullying on her daughter's part. Today her daughter says she won't bully again, tomorrow who knows what her daughter may say or do. Like you said hopefully she won't, but that's hoping it's not something guaranteed. She is no better than a bullying child herself. She wanted her daughter to be bullied. Wanting someone to be bullied makes you no better than a bully yourself.  Instead of taking this tactic why not teach the child some understanding about why people may wear or have to wear the clothes they do. Why not try and reinforce empathy and understanding instead of bullying.

Quoting Seagodess:

Of coarse she KNEW she would get bullied. However by making her get bullied herself, she found out what it feels like and hopefully will stop her from doing it in the future. In the end, there is at least 1 less bully.

Quoting Anonymous:

Anonymous
by Anonymous on May. 22, 2013 at 12:12 AM
2 moms liked this

Love it. But once again someone will bitch because we can't punish kids anymore. we'll just "talk to them" and they'll solve everything **ha** **or in other words.. mommy and daddy should talk to their little bullies and they'll go to school and laugh with their friends and torment the kids more so than they already did.

I find it sad that it had been going on for THREE WEEKS before they said a word to the mother though.

abusednotbroken
by on May. 22, 2013 at 12:24 AM
1 mom liked this

Bravo! She actually taught her daughter something with this method-- she learned what it felt like to be treated badly/talked about because of her clothes, which was the very thing she had done to that poor girl. Mission accomplished!

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Featured