Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

I don't want in laws touching my baby. 2nd edit in blue.

Anonymous
Posted by Anonymous
  • 284 Replies
4 moms liked this

I am NOT comfortable with them at all.

I hate most of df's family they treated me like crap my whole pregnancy and tried to split me and df up. they had no respect for my feelings at all. his mom tried to act like a damn c*** to me and play the excited grandma card all at once. her and future sil are queens of overstepping boundaries and pushing their way into things they aren't welcome in and are none of their business.

I don't want any of them touching my baby. i know they don't respect me or my rules so why should i let them enjoy my precious little baby? shouldn't they have to show some respect for me as his MOTHER before they get to play doting grandma and aunt? they think that they just get to hold my baby and take him out of my arms whenever they please.

I know I'm going to get bashed for this. I DONT CARE BASH AWAY.

Oh and there are members of my family that I don't feel comfortable with either, it isn't because they are his family, it is because they are disrespectful, nosey bitches. my brother and a few of my overbearing extended family members aren't welcome to hold my baby either.

EDIT.

HE IS 6 DAYS OLD. They want me to pump or give him formula so they can see him, unsupervised, without me. His mom keeps pressuring DF to get a DNA test. HE IS MORE THAN WELCOME TO IF HE WANTS ONE, but I feel that it is VERY disrespectful and not her place at all to even mention it. He can have one if he wants, I've nothing to hide I haven't slept with anyone else since I met him almost 2 years ago. And he knows that and knows our son is his. I see her going on and on about getting a DNA test basically as her going on and on saying I slept around and got pregnant, which couldn't be further from the truth.

EDIT #2

Thank you to everybody who has been supportive and I'm sorry I haven't replied to all of your replies! I've been really busy! I am going to put my foot down and DF agrees and is going to be there to back me up. My baby will NOT be fed formula and I will NOT be pumping and she is to keep her mouth SHUT about getting a DNA test or she won't get to see him if she really believes he is not her grandchild. He agrees with me that his mom needs to show some respect and has crossed the line and she is not going to be allowed to bully me or him anymore. All of her visits are going to be supervised. We have decided that she can't come to my house, we are going to go to hers or meet in public places, so that as soon as I am ready we can leave because she doesn't understand the concept of leaving when she is no longer welcome.

And to all the bashers, go step on a bee. This woman is a witch. If you really think that there is nothing wrong with demanding that I pump or give a 7 day old baby formula instead of breastfeeding him so that she can have "alone time" with my baby, then there is something wrong with you. I get that she wants to see her grandson. But she needs to put his needs ahead of hers and stop being so selfish and pushy. She has no right to him just because they share DNA. If she isn't respectful, she doesn't get respected. Simple as that.

Posted by Anonymous on May. 21, 2013 at 11:16 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Anonymous
by Anonymous on May. 21, 2013 at 11:18 PM
7 moms liked this
You sound exactly like my step daughter. I love her dearly but she really needs to grow up. Sounds like you do too.
Anonymous
by Anonymous on May. 21, 2013 at 11:19 PM
1 mom liked this
How does your DF feel about his mom and sister? It's his baby too. If he doesn't share your feelings about this you need to respect that.
Anonymous
by Anonymous on May. 21, 2013 at 11:19 PM
4 moms liked this
You have to remember that it's HIS baby too and if he wants his family to see his baby he should be allowed to let him. It's not YOUR baby and you need to stop thinking that way immediately or you will have severe problems. Because they don't like you or you have problems with them does not mean they are going to hurt your child by holding him/her. You need to get over it. If you don't want to be around them then let your DF take the baby to see them. You don't have to be there.
SommelierMom
by Emerald Member on May. 21, 2013 at 11:20 PM
1 mom liked this
Ever think it might be you?
happymomma13
by Platinum Member on May. 21, 2013 at 11:21 PM
I can relate!
AllofFive19
by Ruby Member on May. 21, 2013 at 11:21 PM

I understand where you're coming from. Can you speak with your husband and share your concerns?

Anonymous
by Anonymous - Original Poster on May. 21, 2013 at 11:21 PM
2 moms liked this

he agrees to limit time with them since i am not comfortable breastfeeding around them because theyre judgmental bitches and id rather feed my child in peace.

but they are hard at work guilt tripping him to start pressuring me into letting them take him without me and making me pump or them giving him formula. i'm not comfortable with either. i'll pump when im ready and it won't be for them...

Quoting Anonymous:

How does your DF feel about his mom and sister? It's his baby too. If he doesn't share your feelings about this you need to respect that.

Anonymous
by Anonymous on May. 21, 2013 at 11:22 PM
What do you think will happen if they hold him!?
star33
by Bronze Member on May. 21, 2013 at 11:22 PM
3 moms liked this

i never understand why women marry men &  have kids with these men whose family they hate.smh.

EAzizM
by Erica on May. 21, 2013 at 11:23 PM
3 moms liked this
Poor child. Just because you don't have a great relationship with them, baby will be deprived of developing those relationships? Petty and selfish.
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Featured