Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

I confess. I wont be donating to help out the people in Oklahoma because...ETA

Anonymous
Posted by Anonymous
  • 264 Replies

It's a red state. I donated generously to help the people of NY after 9/11, to the Tsunami victims of Indonesia, to the Tsunami victims of Japan, to the victims of the Levy brake after Katrina, but I wont give to help people who don't want to open their hearts and wallets to help the less fortunate. 

Let the bashing begin.

I've heard you. I'll explain some of why I feel like this. I live in CA. obviously blue state. There was a republican vendor visiting my work and he expressed how he was tired of paying other people to raise their babies, and felt that children who's parents were on PA should be taken from their parents and given to strangers to raise "because they'd be better off", he was tired of paying for them. He also said that he didn't want to have to pay for New Orleans to be rebuilt, and they deserved to loose their land, should have lived 20 miles inland. I thought well I hope nothing happens in OK, where he was from, because then you'd need taxpayer help.

This is not an excuse, I still feel this way and wont donate money to help them rebuild. I felt the same way when Texas was on fire. let the fuckers burn and then fine them for poluting the environment. I still feel if you're not willing to help out your fellow man, by paying your taxes, then you don't deserve community help when you're in need.

Sorry to all the libs that feel I've made them look bad. Truly, I make a shit load of money and don't resent a dime of my tax moeny that goes to help people in need, whoever they are.

Anyway it sounds like you all are going to be donating generously, they wont need any of my money o_O.

Posted by Anonymous on May. 22, 2013 at 2:30 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Anonymous
by Anonymous on May. 22, 2013 at 2:31 PM
6 moms liked this
I doubt your $2 would make much difference, anyhow.
Anonymous
by Anonymous on May. 22, 2013 at 2:31 PM
1 mom liked this
whats a red state? and I cant help... cant afford to donate
Anonymous
by Anonymous on May. 22, 2013 at 2:32 PM
2 moms liked this

There are many people in OK who probably did donate to help, think of them as individuals. 

Anonymous
by Anonymous on May. 22, 2013 at 2:32 PM

I don't donate to red states either.

sophiasmommy27
by Sarah Sweetheart on May. 22, 2013 at 2:33 PM
what's red state mean?
ElitestJen
by Ruby Member on May. 22, 2013 at 2:33 PM
32 moms liked this

I totally understand.  Punish the people who actually have something to lose in order to give to those who pop out kids to get more food stamps.  Sounds legit.

The people of Oklahoma don't need your donations.  They've been overwhelmed with money, supplies, love, and support.  You can't give what you don't have.

MaNdYbEaR2010
by *Manda* on May. 22, 2013 at 2:34 PM
1 mom liked this
Well that's your prerogative, but just because a majority is red doesn't mean they all are.
Anonymous
by Anonymous on May. 22, 2013 at 2:34 PM
What the hell is a red state???
Anonymous
by Anonymous on May. 22, 2013 at 2:34 PM
4 moms liked this

Seriously! Because they live in the wrong state. Those poor kids who couldn't care less about blue, red, green, or yellow...Your sick!

KTU
by Kim on May. 22, 2013 at 2:34 PM

LOL.

Quoting Anonymous:

I doubt your $2 would make much difference, anyhow.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Featured