Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

I've got my listening eyes on...

Anonymous
Posted by Anonymous
  • 49 Replies

I think that I am a pretty rational thinking person, and that I give pretty good advice.  Participating on this website can sometimes make you think you are crazy....

So!   Am I really a level-headed, rational person?  Test me.  Tell me about your problems, anon or not, and let me give you some advice.  Then, tell me if you think I'm crazy.

Go!

Posted by Anonymous on May. 22, 2013 at 2:58 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Anonymous
by Anonymous on May. 22, 2013 at 3:07 PM

Sure, why not.

I am having a really hard time finding a job in our county, it's basically an old persons county, it's where everyone comes to retire to. I grew up here as well. I have gone every day and looked and applied for jobs, I've applied online at every place I can think of. I still cannot find anything. I start school in August. I need a part time job, it would help boost our income. Should I just suck it up and look at the counties around me? I have a very reliable vehicle, so that isn't an issue. I've been looking in the counties around me, but not too hard as I am not sure if it is the best move, I have plenty of sales experience, so I am not sure what I am doing wrong. I will take anything right now, so I am not being picky.

My husband has a great job, he is also in the reserves. But the extra income would be nice, if I had a job.

What do you think I could be doing wrong?

(I am sure I will get bashed, but this is also a kind of vent, as I am getting discouraged from not finding a job) :(

Anonymous
by Anonymous on May. 22, 2013 at 3:10 PM
I kissed the bumper of a suv this morning, and got distracted and forgot to leave a note. Am I going to hell? I didn't see any damage when I looked..
Mommy4000
by Ruby Member on May. 22, 2013 at 3:14 PM

I don't need advice at the moment, but, your title made me think of my daughter this morning. So, she hates lotion, but she really needed it on her legs, so as she was putting it on I said, "see how good it smells." She says, "Mom, you can't SEE how something SMELLS." Sometimes I just want to smack her little smart ass lol.

Anonymous
by Anonymous - Original Poster on May. 22, 2013 at 3:17 PM

I had to skip the others and respond to you first.  How cute your daughter is!  I'm a smartass too. :)

Quoting Mommy4000:

I don't need advice at the moment, but, your title made me think of my daughter this morning. So, she hates lotion, but she really needed it on her legs, so as she was putting it on I said, "see how good it smells." She says, "Mom, you can't SEE how something SMELLS." Sometimes I just want to smack her little smart ass lol.

Anonymous
by Anonymous - Original Poster on May. 22, 2013 at 3:19 PM

What kind of jobs are you applying for?  Are you getting any interviews based on your resume?  How far do you live from the other counties?  What are you going to study in college?

Quoting Anonymous:

Sure, why not.

I am having a really hard time finding a job in our county, it's basically an old persons county, it's where everyone comes to retire to. I grew up here as well. I have gone every day and looked and applied for jobs, I've applied online at every place I can think of. I still cannot find anything. I start school in August. I need a part time job, it would help boost our income. Should I just suck it up and look at the counties around me? I have a very reliable vehicle, so that isn't an issue. I've been looking in the counties around me, but not too hard as I am not sure if it is the best move, I have plenty of sales experience, so I am not sure what I am doing wrong. I will take anything right now, so I am not being picky.

My husband has a great job, he is also in the reserves. But the extra income would be nice, if I had a job.

(I am sure I will get bashed, but this is also a kind of vent, as I am getting discouraged from not finding a job) :(

tlcory
by Platinum Member on May. 22, 2013 at 3:21 PM

I'm not the OP but my Father lives in a retirement County, have you thought about offering services to the Elderly? Cleaning, driving to Dr.'s appointments, grocery stores etc.  making meals? I thought of this because I just went to visit my Dad a month ago and had to find someone to help him pack and close up his house ( he lives in Florida in the winter and Michigan in the summer), I paid her on good faith that she would come back and help a couple days before he left and she did.  A lot of these elderly could use help here and there! 

Quoting Anonymous:

Sure, why not.

Anonymous
by Anonymous - Original Poster on May. 22, 2013 at 3:25 PM

I'm sure you will not go to hell, as no such place exists. 

What kind of car were you driving?

Quoting Anonymous:

I kissed the bumper of a suv this morning, and got distracted and forgot to leave a note. Am I going to hell? I didn't see any damage when I looked..

Anonymous
by Anonymous on May. 22, 2013 at 3:29 PM

Retail/Grocery/Sales

I've gotten one interview, but it was for 2 counties over (about an 1 1/2 hour drive). I am not even sure how they got my resume. I politely declined, I asked the hr lady if they had something closer and apologized as I didn't understand how they got my resume and I knew I couldn't make that drive. They didn't have anything closer. I want to follow up on the application, but I don't want to bug them. But that's how I got jobs in the past. 

I am going for human services at our CC and I will then transfer for my BA. It may seem like a useless degree and doesn't pay well, but it's something I like and want to do. I've thought about taking a few cont. ed classes in between to help with my job finding. I am great with computers and excel, microsoft, typing, and all that. So I've applied for receptionist jobs.

Year before last I had several offers from jobs outside of my county, but at the time I did not have the means to travel there. I've thought about contacting those places again to see if I could set something up, I have a great vehicle now and can afford to go at least 40 minutes away.

I will be making several trips to the county above us, a 30 minute drive but a straight shot, for some hiring events and a job fair this week and next week. I have never had such trouble finding a job.

Quoting Anonymous:

What kind of jobs are you applying for?  Are you getting any interviews based on your resume?  How far do you live from the other counties?  What are you going to study in college?

Quoting Anonymous:

Sure, why not.

Mommy4000
by Ruby Member on May. 22, 2013 at 3:29 PM

Lol, thanks.

Quoting Anonymous:

I had to skip the others and respond to you first.  How cute your daughter is!  I'm a smartass too. :)

Quoting Mommy4000:

Anonymous
by Anonymous on May. 22, 2013 at 3:32 PM

Actually I've thought about that. When my mom was senior sitting last year and year before last, I would go and help her at times, dh would keep the kids and my sister watched the kids a few times. Even dh suggested that. I am great with older people and I have the experience. But I am not sure how to go about it on my own, I've always just kind of shadowed my mother. Would putting fliers out be acceptable? I have references.

Quoting tlcory:

I'm not the OP but my Father lives in a retirement County, have you thought about offering services to the Elderly? Cleaning, driving to Dr.'s appointments, grocery stores etc.  making meals? I thought of this because I just went to visit my Dad a month ago and had to find someone to help him pack and close up his house ( he lives in Florida in the winter and Michigan in the summer), I paid her on good faith that she would come back and help a couple days before he left and she did.  A lot of these elderly could use help here and there! 

Quoting Anonymous:

Sure, why not.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Featured