Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Behind the ear tattoo. GET IN HERE! UPDATE WITH A QUESTION!!!

Posted by on May. 22, 2013 at 3:22 PM
  • 89 Replies

I'm wanting to get my very first tattoo. 

Almost 100% certain I want it behind my left ear. 

Any of you ladies gotten a tattoo? Behind the ear? Or where? Do you love it, hate it? 

Can you cover it up easily?

Here is a link to the woman's site who I'm looking to have commission my piece. I love this drawing.

http://wildspiritwolf.deviantart.com/art/Wolf-Leap-Tribal-Swirl-Tattoo-164434479

Do you guys think it's too detailed for such a small tattoo? Obviously it would be unique and I could have her do other stuff to it.

I did not intend to start a debate on hiring practices. I'm not looking for a job, and won't be looking for a job in 5 years or more. Where I'm putting this tattoo it can be easily covered by my hair, or if needed I will put make-up on it to cover it IF I'm requested to. 

I just wanted some info from you ladies who've had this done, or other tattoos. :/

Hey ladies! I got my tattoo! But now I would like to wash my hair, take a shower. The tattoo lady seemed kinda leary when I asked her about it, didn't really give me a straight answer.

SO, if you've gotten a tattoo close to your hair, how long did you wait to wash it? Did you use something different than your normal shampoo? Any input will be appreciated!

by on May. 22, 2013 at 3:22 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
armywifey26
by Krissy on May. 22, 2013 at 3:23 PM
2 moms liked this

I don't have one behind the ear but that reminded me of this one:

JessM311
by Bronze Member on May. 22, 2013 at 3:25 PM
I have an anchor behind my right ear. The buzzing in my head while I was getting it sucked and it was kind of painful but it was over quick. If you have long hair it's easy to hide. I love mine especially the placement of it. What do want to get
nirvana78028
by Bronze Member on May. 22, 2013 at 3:34 PM
I have one and it tickled honestly. The constant vibration got annoying after awhile but I love it. It's for my dd
Jade_Lufercus
by on May. 22, 2013 at 3:36 PM

Haha, this is hilarious!

Quoting armywifey26:

I don't have one behind the ear but that reminded me of this one:

proudmommy690
by Ruby Member on May. 22, 2013 at 3:37 PM
My cousin has one behind one of her ears.
Jade_Lufercus
by on May. 22, 2013 at 3:38 PM

I want to commission a work from this artist. Something very similar to this link.

http://wildspiritwolf.deviantart.com/art/Wolf-Leap-Tribal-Swirl-Tattoo-164434479

Her works are amazing and I love that each one is unique to the commissioner.

Quoting JessM311:

I have an anchor behind my right ear. The buzzing in my head while I was getting it sucked and it was kind of painful but it was over quick. If you have long hair it's easy to hide. I love mine especially the placement of it. What do want to get

Jade_Lufercus
by on May. 22, 2013 at 3:39 PM

Cool, I have always wanted a tattoo, but just recently decided that that is where I'd like it. I'd also like wolves running around my ankle, but I've heard those are very painful, so I didn't want that to be the first one.

Quoting proudmommy690:

My cousin has one behind one of her ears.

Jade_Lufercus
by on May. 22, 2013 at 3:40 PM

What did you have done? How long did it take?

Quoting nirvana78028:

I have one and it tickled honestly. The constant vibration got annoying after awhile but I love it. It's for my dd

MooseMomma
by Gold Member on May. 22, 2013 at 3:41 PM
My niece has one tattoo and it is behind her ear. She said it didn't hurt. I have three (ankle, inner wrist and top of foot). My ankle didn't hurt.
saraface5383
by Silver Member on May. 22, 2013 at 3:43 PM
I have one behind both ears and it was the most painless tattoo I have. I love it, I guess, I always forget I have them hahahahah
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Featured