Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

Behind the ear tattoo. GET IN HERE! UPDATE WITH A QUESTION!!!

Posted by   + Show Post

I'm wanting to get my very first tattoo. 

Almost 100% certain I want it behind my left ear. 

Any of you ladies gotten a tattoo? Behind the ear? Or where? Do you love it, hate it? 

Can you cover it up easily?

Here is a link to the woman's site who I'm looking to have commission my piece. I love this drawing.

http://wildspiritwolf.deviantart.com/art/Wolf-Leap-Tribal-Swirl-Tattoo-164434479

Do you guys think it's too detailed for such a small tattoo? Obviously it would be unique and I could have her do other stuff to it.

I did not intend to start a debate on hiring practices. I'm not looking for a job, and won't be looking for a job in 5 years or more. Where I'm putting this tattoo it can be easily covered by my hair, or if needed I will put make-up on it to cover it IF I'm requested to. 

I just wanted some info from you ladies who've had this done, or other tattoos. :/

Hey ladies! I got my tattoo! But now I would like to wash my hair, take a shower. The tattoo lady seemed kinda leary when I asked her about it, didn't really give me a straight answer.

SO, if you've gotten a tattoo close to your hair, how long did you wait to wash it? Did you use something different than your normal shampoo? Any input will be appreciated!

by on May. 22, 2013 at 3:22 PM
Replies (51-60):
skyelyns_mommie
by Gold Member on May. 22, 2013 at 4:31 PM
I have 6 tats but none behind my ear yet!! I want a special one behind my right year like a ribon maybe for my disease and to kind of cover up my scar back there
LoveNaCupcake
by Gold Member on May. 22, 2013 at 4:31 PM
1 mom liked this

Lol you sure about that?! My brother just joined the military and he has lots of tats! They aren't visible when he wears a shirt but to join you have to strip down and show em and yet they had zero problems. My uncle is an RN, been one for years! He has tattoos. DH used to manage a restaurant and has a tattoo on his arm.

As long as they aren't offensive I see nothing wrong with them. I have two that if needed I can cover up with my clothes.

Quoting Elle.tea.22:

Those in medical, food and military never will.

Quoting xomrs.chase:

Oh well then! :)

A lot of businesses are ending their tattoo discrimination

Quoting Elle.tea.22:What if you were trying to get a job that requires your hair to be out up?

Quoting xomrs.chase:Hair can cover it

Quoting Elle.tea.22:

I don't hire people with visible tattoos. It's not professional.

Elle.tea.22
by Ruby Member on May. 22, 2013 at 4:32 PM
What ever you say dear.

This is my attempt at being snarky, did it work?

Quoting Amybelle:

"I'm not the one looking for a job am I?" <---not only snarky but presumptuous. 

Quoting Elle.tea.22:

I wasn't snarky. The tone of voice in your head as you read what I type might be but I wasn't at all lol

Quoting Amybelle:

I'm curious...why didn't you just say it like that in the first place instead of being abrupt and snarky? Is that how you treat people who work for/with you?

Quoting Elle.tea.22:

I'm just saying she might not be able to get a job she might want or need or is fully qualified for because of body art.

Quoting Amybelle:

hmmm I must have missed the part where she was asking you for a job.

Quoting Elle.tea.22:

I'm not the one in need of a job am I? I will hire the best and the best who can be the face if the company. We are in sales and the accounts are pretty damn big. I need people who are a canvas and represent the company, not a distraction on their neck like an advertisement for what ever the client might judge this guy for and risk taking his business elsewhere. .

Quoting HelloKitty86:

Neither is being a bitch. Oh well!

Quoting Elle.tea.22:

Ladynasty
by on May. 22, 2013 at 4:35 PM
Woo pull the wedgie out!!

I saw the design-get something more simple. It won't look good in a few years.
Elle.tea.22
by Ruby Member on May. 22, 2013 at 4:35 PM
When I joined they couldn't be visible. Rules change every year and based on the needs of the service. Noticed how BDUs you could fold your sleeves and with ACUs you can't? Even the marines can fold their sleeves and we can't (stupid pocket...).

And we aren't talking bout tattoos in my quoted post, it's the hair.

Quoting LoveNaCupcake:

Lol you sure about that?! My brother just joined the military and he has lots of tats! They aren't visible when he wears a shirt but to join you have to strip down and show em and yet they had zero problems. My uncle is an RN, been one for years! He has tattoos. DH used to manage a restaurant and has a tattoo on his arm.

As long as they aren't offensive I see nothing wrong with them. I have two that if needed I can cover up with my clothes.

Quoting Elle.tea.22:

Those in medical, food and military never will.

Quoting xomrs.chase:

Oh well then! :)

A lot of businesses are ending their tattoo discrimination

Quoting Elle.tea.22:What if you were trying to get a job that requires your hair to be out up?

Quoting xomrs.chase:Hair can cover it

Quoting Elle.tea.22:

MommyAddie
by Gold Member on May. 22, 2013 at 4:36 PM
1 mom liked this
Yes it is, but I have a professional job that doesn't dictate how I wear my hair. I freelance my services out of several firms and my tattoos have been seen by firm owners, but never showing when I go out on a job, which is probably why I don't get any flack for it. It's a decision a person has to make according to their life, if its going to affect your life path, it's probably not worth it.

Quoting Elle.tea.22:

And for those seeking a job that requires the hair to be out up? See that's a problem. It's one thing when you're your own boss and such but not when you work for someone else and that isn't the image she wants of her company. I have tattoos and 16 piercings but nothing shows in uniform or at work.

Quoting MommyAddie:

No one has ever seen my behind the ear tattoos without me showing them off or wearing my hair completely up. I'm a sahm for the most part, but I work in an extremely professional setting in my career. I have multiple tattoos that are visible in my casual clothes, but not in my business wear.

Quoting Elle.tea.22:

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Jade_Lufercus
by on May. 22, 2013 at 4:37 PM

Yeah, that's what I'm going to ask her to draw, something a little less intricate than this. 

And what do you mean about not looking good in a few years? I've never had a tattoo before, so excuse the ignorance, lol.

Quoting Ladynasty:

Woo pull the wedgie out!!

I saw the design-get something more simple. It won't look good in a few years.

metalmomma86
by Silver Member on May. 22, 2013 at 4:38 PM
2 moms liked this

Mobile Photo

I love mine.. the vibration was annoying but it was worth it.
Jade_Lufercus
by on May. 22, 2013 at 4:39 PM

That's pretty awesome. I'm hoping I can get mine to hide almost completely behind the ear. 

Quoting metalmomma86:

Mobile Photo

I love mine.. the vibration was annoying but it was worth it.

stargazerwolf
by Silver Member on May. 22, 2013 at 4:40 PM

I love wolves! Those tribal wolves are really cool! I don't have one behind my ear, but I got one on my lower back. I drew it up myself, a wolf standing in front of a cross with four leaf clovers and a little tribal work on either side. It all means something to me, that's why I designed it myself and because I am a good artist :) Luckily mine can be hidden easily (because obviously lower back isn't going to be shown unless I was a stripper or something lol (I'm a groomer). Most places if it was a visable tattoo would even allow you to just cover it with a bandaid if it can't be hidden another way, Good luck on deciding :) I really want another tattoo, but still deciding on what and where:)

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)