Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

Cafemom can help to!!!!!!!!!!

Posted by on May. 22, 2013 at 4:26 PM
  • 16 Replies
1 mom liked this

I read an article today about how every PTA board members house, except for 1 was destroyed in the tornado. Moore is my hometown and I feel helpless. So I am asking for donations that will specifically go to them from people in my Kansas Community.  I was thinking pampering gift baskets for them, and book bags for the children that are full of things that make them smile. This is where YOU come in.. I just need some ideas... What are some things you can think of that I could include in these baskets/book bags?

by on May. 22, 2013 at 4:26 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Mommyof2n0308
by Marissa on May. 22, 2013 at 4:29 PM

BUMP!

Mommyof2n0308
by Marissa on May. 22, 2013 at 4:40 PM

BUMP!

kyndiesmommy
by Member on May. 22, 2013 at 4:45 PM
Basic needs for the baskets and for the book bags....books, crayons, coloring books, teddy bears, any basic needs.

I'm in Oklahoma too. We live in Shawnee. I think what you are doing is awesome!
Mommyof2n0308
by Marissa on May. 22, 2013 at 4:51 PM

TY! I have that listed so far, just need to know what to ask ppl for you know? I want to help a direct group of ppl.. is there anyone in Shawnee that we can help? I just dont want to send the stuff to redcross and believe it gets there.. I want this to directly go to who needs it!!<3

Quoting kyndiesmommy:

Basic needs for the baskets and for the book bags....books, crayons, coloring books, teddy bears, any basic needs.

I'm in Oklahoma too. We live in Shawnee. I think what you are doing is awesome!

robyn_j
by on May. 22, 2013 at 4:52 PM
I as well live in OK but okc and thank you for helping in this time of need. You could also put maybe tooth brushes and travel tooth paste, travel body washes, shampoo, condition just stuff that would make it easier on the families. I have very little money but am going to donate all the time I can.
PeaceLoveAndTea
by on May. 22, 2013 at 4:57 PM

Basic needs items. Some bars of soap, toothpaste and toothbrush, shampoo, etc. For the kids, some coloring books and crayons, some picture books, maybe some candy or something. Depending on the size of the bags, maybe even one of those fleece blankets you can normally find at the store and some bottled juice or water. What you're doing is awesome!!!!

Mommyof2n0308
by Marissa on May. 22, 2013 at 5:12 PM

TY! Im trying to make a list right now. My local paper here in KS wants to interview me. It was just so heart breaking seeing my home destroyed. I dont know how to help. I know they all have nothing but I know how many donations are pouring in to.. I also wanted to help a specific group of people, so I am aiming at the PTA board members at Plaza Towers, everyone of them but one lost their house in the tornado, so Im trying to aim this towards those families with stuff they wont get help with or things that mean a lot  but no one thinks about ya know? All those items are on my list though!:)

Quoting PeaceLoveAndTea:

Basic needs items. Some bars of soap, toothpaste and toothbrush, shampoo, etc. For the kids, some coloring books and crayons, some picture books, maybe some candy or something. Depending on the size of the bags, maybe even one of those fleece blankets you can normally find at the store and some bottled juice or water. What you're doing is awesome!!!!

MrsKaufold1990
by on May. 22, 2013 at 5:14 PM

Well if their homes got destroyed

How about bath items, a few cheap outfits, a lot of stores are doing clearance on summer items until about next week. 

Deordarants, soaps, shampoos, etc. 

Mommyof2n0308
by Marissa on May. 22, 2013 at 5:32 PM

Im trying to get stuff thatll comfort them now.. little gifts...things to make them smile. Something extra you know?

Quoting MrsKaufold1990:

Well if their homes got destroyed

How about bath items, a few cheap outfits, a lot of stores are doing clearance on summer items until about next week. 

Deordarants, soaps, shampoos, etc. 

Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 on May. 22, 2013 at 5:33 PM
1 mom liked this
Towels, my cousins house was flattened and she requested towels.
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN