Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

Do you.....?

Anonymous
Posted by Anonymous
  • 15 Replies
Check up on where your kids are going? If your child wants to spend the night with friends, do you call their parents first? What age do you STOP doing that?
Posted by Anonymous on May. 22, 2013 at 4:56 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
steffielou_who
by on May. 22, 2013 at 4:57 PM

Absolutely.. My boys are 7 and almost 9 and I don't think I will stop in the near future.. My mom checked up on me into my teen years..

km1970
by Platinum Member on May. 22, 2013 at 4:59 PM

Yes. My girls are 14 and 9. I will continue to talk to the parents as long as they are under the age of 18.

Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on May. 22, 2013 at 4:59 PM
My mom never checked up on me. Half the time, she had no idea where I was. I don't want to repeat her mistakes, but I don't want to be smothering or overbearing, either.
BAMFSFW
by on May. 22, 2013 at 5:01 PM

My children only have 1 friend each there allowed to spend the night with, the parents our are good friends & there both neighbors. Other then that, we have a no sleepover rule. When they are there though I don't check up, I know the mom will text me if there's an issue.

Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on May. 22, 2013 at 5:02 PM
What do you do, just make sure the parents will be there? My 14 year old son has asked me if he can go to a pool party at a friend's house and then spend the night. This is the first time since he was little that he's asked to spend the night somewhere.
I'm sure that sounds weird, lol

Quoting km1970:

Yes. My girls are 14 and 9. I will continue to talk to the parents as long as they are under the age of 18.

Anonymous
by Anonymous 2 on May. 22, 2013 at 5:03 PM

I know where my kids are at all times. They will only spend nights with people I know personally and Im absolutely positive the parents will be home at all times. I will stop when they move out of my house. 

AquariusFemale9
by on May. 22, 2013 at 5:04 PM

I would never stop. Maddie is 17 and her dad still calls their parents before she goes over there (or texts them)

Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on May. 22, 2013 at 5:04 PM
I've never met or spoken to these parents. I don't want to keep him from going, but who knows what a bunch of 14 year old boys will do when their parents go to sleep!

Quoting BAMFSFW:

My children only have 1 friend each there allowed to spend the night with, the parents our are good friends & there both neighbors. Other then that, we have a no sleepover rule. When they are there though I don't check up, I know the mom will text me if there's an issue.

Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on May. 22, 2013 at 5:05 PM
I've never met these people, so Idk anything about how they parent their children.

Quoting Anonymous:

I know where my kids are at all times. They will only spend nights with people I know personally and Im absolutely positive the parents will be home at all times. I will stop when they move out of my house. 

km1970
by Platinum Member on May. 22, 2013 at 5:06 PM

Quoting Anonymous:

What do you do, just make sure the parents will be there? My 14 year old son has asked me if he can go to a pool party at a friend's house and then spend the night. This is the first time since he was little that he's asked to spend the night somewhere.
I'm sure that sounds weird, lol

Quoting km1970:

I know most of their friend's parents. I will just call and make sure they are aware of the plans being made. LOL Sometimes kids will make plan and the parents are clueless as to what is happening. I just make sure they know there will be a sleepover and if they will be home.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN