Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

How long have you had.....*POLL*

Posted by   + Show Post

Poll

Question: How long have you had your current cell phone number?

Options:

Less than a month

1-6 months

7-11 months

1-2 years

3-4 years

5-6 years

7+ years

I don't have a cell phone

Only group members can vote in this poll.

Total Votes: 136

View Results

...your current cell number? My friends and family are CONSTANTLY changing their numbers. I have had the same cell number for 7 years. Is that odd? 

by on May. 22, 2013 at 5:40 PM
Replies (41-50):
Anonymous
by Anonymous 4 on May. 22, 2013 at 5:59 PM
It's the only number I've ever had lol
armywifey26
by Krissy on May. 22, 2013 at 5:59 PM

We rarely even use half of our allowances each month. I text more than anything and that is unlimited. I guess it all depends on how much you use your phone. If I used mine more for the internet then I guess I wouldn't like the limited data allowance either. 

And I agree with you about the in store sales rep. There have been a couple of assholes and one chick didn't even fucking know what she was doing. I had to explain her job to her. It was sad. 

Quoting sophiasmommy27:

I don't like the limits on everything. and the data plans blow. they're the most expensive. and you don't get shit
ugh and every sales rep I've talked to in stores, I've been to a few, are rude as fuck.
ugh I'm just not happy lol

mewebb82
by Platinum Member on May. 22, 2013 at 6:00 PM
I think it's been about 5 years
cyork2
by Gold Member on May. 22, 2013 at 6:00 PM
I voted I don't have one, I do but I only use it with WiFi, its just not hooked up with a number
armywifey26
by Krissy on May. 22, 2013 at 6:01 PM

I thought about doing that but then we move so much it would be a pain in the ass to change our numbers that often so we just said fuck it

Quoting kmorales7690:

I got a new number in December when w moved, I like having local numbers

gabby416
by on May. 22, 2013 at 6:02 PM

My df has had the same number for at 2.5 years, I had the same number for 3 or 4 years, but that line was shut off when I left my ex.  I've had my current line for a year and a half and have no plans on changing it.  My bff drives me nutts, she is changing her number every 6 months. 

WifeyMommy2011
by Bronze Member on May. 22, 2013 at 6:03 PM
I've changed mine a lot. Usually so an ex would stop calling me and then switched carriers twice. Lol
Sarafinn2012
by on May. 22, 2013 at 6:03 PM

I had the same number for several years through Straighttalk. Just a couple months ago I got an Iphone and had to change my number. it was a pain!

x.Aim.x
by Amy on May. 22, 2013 at 6:05 PM

Then tell him if you can't have a phone, then he can't have one either. Either you both have a phone, or neither of you do. Tell him you need a phone in case of an emergency. Either way, if you want to call a family member or friend during the day you should be allowed to. If you want the option to call banks, or stores during the day you should have the option as well.  

Have you ever heard of straight talk? You can get a phone for cheap with no contract. It's from walmart and a really good deal. Is there any way a family member could give you a little bit of money for a phone, or just buy one for you?

Quoting Anonymous:

I've told him I want one, he gets defensive and wants to know who I want to talk to that I can't wait to talk to when he gets home.

Quoting x.Aim.x:

So...just tell him you want your own cellphone anyways and in case of an emergency you want a phone.

Quoting Anonymous:

He says I don't need one because we have his and I have nobody to talk to while he's at work anyways

Quoting x.Aim.x:

Your husband won't allow you to have a cell phone. That is crazy. Why?

Quoting Anonymous:

My husband doesn't let me have one :(

Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 on May. 22, 2013 at 6:07 PM

He pays for it, and he'd pay for mine if I had one, so he can spend his money however he likes. It doesn't matter if its cheap straight talk or us cellular, money isn't the reason.

Quoting x.Aim.x:

Then tell him if you can't have a phone, then he can't have one either. Either you both have a phone, or neither of you do. Tell him you need a phone in case of an emergency. Either way, if you want to call a family member or friend during the day you should be allowed to. If you want the option to call banks, or stores during the day you should have the option as well.  

Have you ever heard of straight talk? You can get a phone for cheap with no contract. It's from walmart and a really good deal. Is there any way a family member could give you a little bit of money for a phone, or just buy one for you?

Quoting Anonymous:

I've told him I want one, he gets defensive and wants to know who I want to talk to that I can't wait to talk to when he gets home.

Quoting x.Aim.x:

So...just tell him you want your own cellphone anyways and in case of an emergency you want a phone.

Quoting Anonymous:

He says I don't need one because we have his and I have nobody to talk to while he's at work anyways

Quoting x.Aim.x:

Your husband won't allow you to have a cell phone. That is crazy. Why?

Quoting Anonymous:

My husband doesn't let me have one :(

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN