Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

Moms of boys, so when did you start to teach the "only in private" about touching their penis?

Posted by on May. 22, 2013 at 6:18 PM
  • 12 Replies
In another post it came up a couple times, and I wonder when DO you start to explain to them it is only for private like your bedroom or bathroom.

My son is almost two and I don't think he's grasp that quite yet, so I do alot of ignoring ... Since he discovered it lol.

Right now it is just him discovering and nothing more. But I wonder when you start to teach them about privacy.

by on May. 22, 2013 at 6:18 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 on May. 22, 2013 at 6:20 PM
As soon as he started touching it for more than "look what I found". Two is definitely old enough.
Anonymous
by Anonymous 2 on May. 22, 2013 at 6:22 PM
It was before he potty trained I know so around age two, maybe a bit younger. He decided that being in the bath counted as private because it was under the bubbles.
butterflyk1ssez
by Silver Member on May. 22, 2013 at 6:23 PM

around 3

KelliansMom
by Platinum Member on May. 22, 2013 at 6:23 PM
We started the talk when he was about 18 months old. He is now four and sometimes needs a reminder about things
cLanief
by on May. 22, 2013 at 6:23 PM
ALWAYS!
mariosmommy254
by on May. 22, 2013 at 6:23 PM

my son is five. and i notice that when he take a bath. he plays with it.

i always tell him stop playing with it

purpleducky
by Ruby Member on May. 22, 2013 at 6:24 PM

We recently had to have the talk because he just recently tried to do it in public. My boys have just always done it in private.

tinkerbelle18
by on May. 22, 2013 at 6:24 PM

I agree with this. My son is four and I started telling him around the age of two, when I first noticed him touching his penis. He understands that its a private part and he can't touch it just anywhere.

Quoting Anonymous:

As soon as he started touching it for more than "look what I found". Two is definitely old enough.

Anonymous
by Anonymous 3 on May. 22, 2013 at 6:27 PM
He pinches it from time to time if he really needs to go to the bathroom. I didnt do anything special, I just talked to him in words he understood... Probably 3.
SusieQue717
by on May. 22, 2013 at 6:28 PM
My son is 2, but we started potty training at around 1 and a half. As soon as he started touching it, I started explaining that mommy doesn't want to see u contstantly touching and pulling on your junk. Go do it in your room. Same goes for my daughter though!
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN