Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Poor people and tattoos

Anonymous
Posted by Anonymous
  • 27 Replies
My husband is an artist. We have owned a tattoo parlor in the past. I have noticed through the years that people want tattoos when they have no other money. For instance .. "I only have $$ for this tattoo." Yes I get budgets, but you can tell these people literally have x amount of money for tattoos. I was reminded of this because I have a distant cousin on my Facebook and she does bootleg tattoos..(yuck) anyway, someone posted on her page that she wants her baby's daddy's name done and how much would she charge. $10 is the charge. The girl says "ok on my way is it ok if I pay you $9 now and $1 on Friday?" If you only have $9 ... Can't even come up with ONE MORE DOLLAR.. then why are you spending it on a tattoo??

Going anon but some may know who I am.
Posted by Anonymous on May. 22, 2013 at 6:56 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Anonymous
by Anonymous - Original Poster on May. 22, 2013 at 7:00 PM
Bump
IandLoveandYou
by Penny Lane on May. 22, 2013 at 7:02 PM
2 moms liked this
This was even less interesting than I expected.

Dammit.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
IndigoRose
by on May. 22, 2013 at 7:03 PM

Tattooing is addictive to some people.  

Anonymous
by Anonymous on May. 22, 2013 at 7:03 PM
Eeek a ten dollar tattoo? This is where that saying comes in "you get what you pay for".
But I totally understand what you are saying. If you're that broke, that 10 dollars (or what have you) could definitely go somewhere more important.
wonderstruck11
by Gold Member on May. 22, 2013 at 7:03 PM
I save forever in order to get my tattoos. All birthday money gets saved for that purpose. If there is more important things, then I make sure to prioritize.

A dollar, Haha. That's silly.
HelloKitty86
by on May. 22, 2013 at 7:04 PM

*yawn* shit happens. I don't pay very much for mine, but I always make sure I have enough for the tat and the tip!

HisUsmcWifey
by on May. 22, 2013 at 7:05 PM

wow seriously!?

Kodysmommy928
by Platinum Member on May. 22, 2013 at 7:05 PM
1 mom liked this

One of the many reasons why the poor usually stay poor.

Anonymous
by Anonymous - Original Poster on May. 22, 2013 at 7:05 PM
Seriously.

Quoting HisUsmcWifey:

wow seriously!?

Anonymous
by Anonymous on May. 22, 2013 at 7:06 PM

oh i hear ya!!  my Sister who is in a really bad place right now financially, mentioned being turned down for FS, she just lost her job, and she just had a baby, and she went and spent a couple hundred on a huge back tatt. i mean, from shoulder to shoulder huge....  no sense

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Featured