Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

My 5 year old asked me some really hard questions about pregnancy but

Anonymous
Posted by Anonymous
  • 458 Replies

I didn't have the heart to tell her about the normal way so I just told her about c-sections :/

How long do you think until I have to tell her about the other way? She was happy with just the c-section answer, so not until she's a teenager right?

Posted by Anonymous on May. 22, 2013 at 7:04 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Anonymous
by Anonymous 2 on May. 22, 2013 at 7:06 PM
88 moms liked this
Step up and be a parent.
DavidsMommy6.12
by Bronze Member on May. 22, 2013 at 7:06 PM
2 moms liked this
To each their own. Atleast its not a lie. I personally wouldn't. Mind explaining it as I have explained to my 6 year old brother when I was pregnant. Lol.
Anonymous
by Anonymous - Original Poster on May. 22, 2013 at 7:06 PM
10 moms liked this

Quoting Anonymous:

Step up and be a parent.

I am, I did tell her how, just not every way

shabbalaquita
by Gold Member on May. 22, 2013 at 7:06 PM
1 mom liked this
Depends on how comfortable you are and how much truth you want her to know. Different people think no age is too young.
aphrodite7400
by Silver Member on May. 22, 2013 at 7:07 PM
12 moms liked this

ok i fyou think being cut open in the uterus is easier to explain than birthing a baby vaginally.... thats fine.  

Cmgmqmmom
by on May. 22, 2013 at 7:09 PM
17 moms liked this
Well I explained to my boys that are 4&6 how they were born which is to say, via c- section. I told them that's not the way everyone comes out and they didn't ask anything else. If they'd wanted more information, I would have given it. At this age, there is no need to give more than they are asking for.
MamaDee83
by Silver Member on May. 22, 2013 at 7:11 PM
28 moms liked this

My DS asked me a few questions when I was pregnant with his baby sister. He thought that the baby came out of my belly button, and I told him that wasn't exactly right, that the mama has to push the baby out of her belly, almost like when he goes #2. (I realize that some people on CM will not like this, but *shrug*) He smirked, and said, "So you have to poop the baby out?" And I just said, "Sort of, yes." Then he wanted to know how the baby got into my belly, and that was another story for another day, lol!

JanineDeer
by Janine on May. 22, 2013 at 7:14 PM
15 moms liked this

Hhahahaha just take her to a farm, a zoo a state or county fair- somewhere so can watch a birth of some animal.

Or, you just say- oh there is a very special opening just for babies... they are happy with that for quite a while.

IamMex11
by JorgematoTM on May. 22, 2013 at 7:17 PM
13 moms liked this

you probably made it more complicated than it needed to be. why don't you just go to the library and pick out a couple of age appropriate books?

csxt99
by Jennifer on May. 22, 2013 at 7:20 PM
22 moms liked this

She will be told by peers long before she becomes a teenager.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)