Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

Mending a mother-daughter relationship

Posted by on May. 22, 2013 at 7:46 PM
  • 26 Replies

My bff has always had a rocky relationship with her mother. About 2 years ago she started trying to get pregnant. She had to have 4 procedures before she got her BFP. Well in between the 3rd and 4th they got into a HUGE fight. Her mom sent her some horrible texts, which she forwarded to me because she needed someone to talk to. 

This is what her mother said.

"It's hard to be supportive when I think your making a mistake by trying to get pregnant. It shouldn't be that hard, so I believe God is trying to tell you something. "

"God will never give you a baby because he knows what you are!"

"You stupid cunt! I can't believe what a bitch you are! Forget my #. I don't need to have a stupid cunt ass daughter bitching all the time. I hope you drop dead!"

So, this all went down in October of last year. She had the fourth procedure in the end of January and it worked. She is almost 21 weeks and found out yesterday, she is having a girl.

I put on FB, "Congrats to my bff! Just found out she is having a girl!" Her mom messaged me an hour later, "Who is pregnant?" I told her she needed to talk to her daugter because I didn't want to get into the middle of it. Then told my bff she asked that. Bff said I could give her mom her new number. I did, they talked.

My bff, just texted me. "I'm bawling my eyes out. She called, we talked about the baby, but she still never apologized to me for the crap she said." 

I could slap her mom! She sent me how sorry she was and that she just wanted to talk to her daughter again, but then doesn't apologize to her. I even sent her, "She wants to talk to you too, she just needs to hear an apology. All she ever wanted from you is a simple, 'I'm sorry'." 

AND she STILL didn't apologize. Grrr!

by on May. 22, 2013 at 7:46 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
meka26
by Gold Member on May. 22, 2013 at 7:56 PM

Her mom seems toxic. I would limit talking or being around her.

Mrs.Torres2566
by Mrs.T on May. 22, 2013 at 7:57 PM

She can be, but every girl needs her mother. Especially when she is pregnant with her first.

Quoting meka26:

Her mom seems toxic. I would limit talking or being around her.

RandiBear
by Gold Member on May. 22, 2013 at 7:57 PM
Some women should never be mothers. As hard as it will be for your friend she needs to ask herself if this is a healthy relationship to chase. Will it negatively impact her daughter? I feel for her. I know what it's like to have a craptastic mom. :( Congrats on her baby girl though.
alleycat_2
by Silver Member on May. 22, 2013 at 7:58 PM
I know how that is. My mother wants to fix our relationship but I don't see why we should. She will never apologize for anything. I think your friend may end up just getting hurt again. I learned the hard way. I would say for her to keep talking to her mom if she wants but also keep her distance.
Mrs.Torres2566
by Mrs.T on May. 22, 2013 at 7:58 PM

I just wish things were different for her though. It doesn't seem fair that she had a father who dissappeared from her life for 16 years, and a crazy bi-polar mother.

Quoting RandiBear:

Some women should never be mothers. As hard as it will be for your friend she needs to ask herself if this is a healthy relationship to chase. Will it negatively impact her daughter? I feel for her. I know what it's like to have a craptastic mom. :( Congrats on her baby girl though.

Sasha-
by Gold Member on May. 22, 2013 at 7:59 PM

I care but really you have done all you can do,  its up to the mother...also its hard to really know the conversation when you only post what the mother said and not both sides.

Anonymous
by Anonymous on May. 22, 2013 at 7:59 PM
Bump
Mrs.Torres2566
by Mrs.T on May. 22, 2013 at 7:59 PM

*sigh* The whole situation makes me sad for her.

Quoting alleycat_2:

I know how that is. My mother wants to fix our relationship but I don't see why we should. She will never apologize for anything. I think your friend may end up just getting hurt again. I learned the hard way. I would say for her to keep talking to her mom if she wants but also keep her distance.

Mrs.Torres2566
by Mrs.T on May. 22, 2013 at 8:00 PM

She never forwarded me her side. But regardless, a mother should NEVER call their daughter a cunt or a bitch. My mom has never uttered an unkind word to me.

Quoting Sasha-:

I care but really you have done all you can do,  its up to the mother...also its hard to really know the conversation when you only post what the mother said and not both sides.

Anonymous
by Anonymous on May. 22, 2013 at 8:01 PM
This pissed me off.

You know why she wont apologize? Because she could care less for her daughter. She just want to have access to the baaaabbbbyyyy!

if i was in her shoes (daughter) i would NEVER ever seek contact w my mother. What good does she bring? She sounds narcisist and toxic.

And one more thing ... Mary was still a virging when God impregnate her. (Isnt that count as some type of IVF?!) da fuk!!
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)