Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

moms with depression

Anonymous
Posted by Anonymous
  • 14 Replies
I just got diagnosed with depression a little over a month. I'm taking zoloft for it. I feel as tho my depressions is getting a little better, but my anxiety and stress is the same and at times, it is much higher. Its really affecting my health. I'm always in pain. If its not a migraine, its my hands or legs, and I have thee worst pain in my neck and shoulders and a lot of days I can barely function. I've had these pains before, but it seems as tho they are more often and so much worse. I've been in constant pain for a little over two weeks. Has this happened to anyone??
Posted by Anonymous on May. 23, 2013 at 3:10 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
debbie26
by Debbie on May. 23, 2013 at 3:17 AM
I have depression and taking zoloft and xanax for my anxiety I have tried a lot of depression meds and I like zoloft talk to your dr of pshyciatrist thats who I see about how you feel they may give you a mood stabalizer too I have herd some ppl have both not me thou but talk to the dr and good luck
Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on May. 23, 2013 at 3:24 AM
I went in because my anxiety was out of control. Idk why they didn't give me anything for it. My next appointment is until JUNE! :/ wish I could be seen a lot sooner. Thank you!

Quoting debbie26:

I have depression and taking zoloft and xanax for my anxiety I have tried a lot of depression meds and I like zoloft talk to your dr of pshyciatrist thats who I see about how you feel they may give you a mood stabalizer too I have herd some ppl have both not me thou but talk to the dr and good luck

want10more
by Gold Member on May. 23, 2013 at 3:28 AM

were i you, i'd get a physical w/ your primary doc. never hurts to rule out physical symptoms. personally, i like going to the chiropracter. really helps me! my neck was badly out, and it caused my arms to just throb, plus headaches, insomnia, etc. i am in chronic pain due to other issues too, but sometimes i can get some relief that way... and i've dealt w/ chronic depression as well. stretch whenever you can... i know MY muscles get all bunched up w/ i'm stressed out, maybe your's are too.

LivysMama
by on May. 23, 2013 at 3:28 AM

I don't have any advice, but here's a bump.

debbie26
by Debbie on May. 23, 2013 at 3:29 AM
Your welcome xanax helps with anxiety but you have to watch out it is highly addictive there is also clonopin too for anxiety but I wish you the best anxiety sucks I know I can't be in huge crowds if I don't take my anxiety med

Quoting Anonymous:

I went in because my anxiety was out of control. Idk why they didn't give me anything for it. My next appointment is until JUNE! :/ wish I could be seen a lot sooner. Thank you!

Quoting debbie26:

.strawberry.
by Gold Member on May. 23, 2013 at 3:32 AM

If I were you, I would go back to my doctor and talk about it.  There are some meds that can help with chronic pain (Cymbalta, and others I'm sure, but it's the only one I know off-hand).  Also, my #1 advice is to change your diet.  I know that sounds lame but it will help you so much.  I still have struggles but I now manage my symptoms through diet alone.

Anonymous
by Anonymous 2 on May. 23, 2013 at 3:36 AM

yes i had the same thing. it eventually went away over time. i think you need to get on an anti anxiety med, get lots of sun and time for yourself

Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on May. 23, 2013 at 3:37 AM
1 mom liked this
Thank you. I have kaiser so I don't even know if I should go to my primary dr or the psychiatrist. They make a big deal about everything and in the end, I end up spending more money with them. Thats why I just want to go straight to my psychiatrist and see what she says. I thought about going to a chiro too. I should make an appt. Thank you!

Quoting want10more:

were i you, i'd get a physical w/ your primary doc. never hurts to rule out physical symptoms. personally, i like going to the chiropracter. really helps me! my neck was badly out, and it caused my arms to just throb, plus headaches, insomnia, etc. i am in chronic pain due to other issues too, but sometimes i can get some relief that way... and i've dealt w/ chronic depression as well. stretch whenever you can... i know MY muscles get all bunched up w/ i'm stressed out, maybe your's are too.

Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on May. 23, 2013 at 3:38 AM
Thank you!

Quoting LivysMama:

I don't have any advice, but here's a bump.

Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on May. 23, 2013 at 3:39 AM
Can you give me some examples? I was in a low carb diet and I felt pretty good. But I've been slacking off lately.

Quoting .strawberry.:

If I were you, I would go back to my doctor and talk about it.  There are some meds that can help with chronic pain (Cymbalta, and others I'm sure, but it's the only one I know off-hand).  Also, my #1 advice is to change your diet.  I know that sounds lame but it will help you so much.  I still have struggles but I now manage my symptoms through diet alone.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN