Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

Was your DH in the delivery room?

Anonymous
Posted by Anonymous
  • 105 Replies
So my DH has told me he doesn't really want to be in the delivery room. I'm a little hurt, I'm 8 months along. This is our second child. He was in the room for the first one. To this day he still talks about how 'traumatizing' it was to accidentally see the vagina in the process, and hearing the episiotomy. Right.

I don't know. I just thought he wanted to be there this time. I told him, "fine. Dont be in there then." And all I get back is "well it'd be kind of effed up to leave you alone and then leave the room and there's no baby, come back and 'oh look, a baby.' " so I don't know what he's thinking. I don't even know why it bothers me because the first time around I kicked everyone out of the room temporarily. I really didn't want *anyone* in there. Last time my Mom and Grandma were in the room too even though I didn't want them there. That won't happen this time. I know I can do it alone if I have to :-/

Did your DH want to be there or did he not want to?
Posted by Anonymous on May. 23, 2013 at 3:14 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
britadams10
by on May. 23, 2013 at 3:17 AM

my dh wanted to be in the room but didnt want to see anything. and when the time came, he could not stop watching our dd being born.. he was amazed. but all guys are different

crazymom21
by Gold Member on May. 23, 2013 at 3:17 AM
He wanted to but also didn't want to. For the births though he was there. Almost wasn't for our last child. She came so fast I didn't have time to get any pain meds.
jasyoung2012
by Bronze Member on May. 23, 2013 at 3:18 AM

Hubby is excited to be in there with me. I am due in 19 days and whether he chose to be there or not, he doesn't really have a choice...but this is also baby #1 for us :)

CrimsonRose01
by ~Cassandra~ on May. 23, 2013 at 3:20 AM
Yes, my husband wanted to be there. He didn't want to actually see the baby coming out with our first, but he wound up looking and thought it was cool. With our second, he had to take leave and fly back from overseas, and he was afraid he was going to miss the birth.
SJG1013
by SJG on May. 23, 2013 at 3:21 AM
He was in the room, If he didn't the next time around I would be okay with that.
Domestic.Godess
by on May. 23, 2013 at 3:22 AM
Yes he was both times and wanted to be there.
Anonymous
by Anonymous 2 on May. 23, 2013 at 3:22 AM

You wouldn't have been able to keep my DH out of the room for either of my births.

exhaustedmother
by Amy on May. 23, 2013 at 3:23 AM

Yes- my hubby was there for all 6 of our babies and was actively involved in the birthing process!

CrossStitchMum
by Platinum Member on May. 23, 2013 at 3:23 AM

My DH was there. He kept looking to see if they had any hair LOL

Anonymous
by Anonymous 3 on May. 23, 2013 at 3:24 AM
2 moms liked this

Tell him too bad it's not his damn day so he can suck it up.  Its not like you enjoyed your vagina being ripped open either

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)