Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

Angelina Jolie & Brad Pitt Make Out in Front of the Kids -- Don't You?

Posted by on May. 23, 2013 at 8:40 AM
  • 121 Replies
1 mom liked this

Angelina Jolie & Brad Pitt Make Out in Front of the Kids -- Don't You?

by Jeanne Sager

Angelina JolieWell, it turns out celebrity parents are just like us! At least when it comes to grossing out their kids! Angelina Jolie and Brad Pitt recently got a request from 8-year-old daughter Zahara Jolie-Pitt to lay off the smooching in front of them!

With a daughter set to turn 8 in just a few weeks, I'm waiting to hear the same thing out of her mouth. But will I listen to her? Not on her life!

And neither should Brad and Angie! At least not if they know what's good for their big brood?

Kissing in front of our kids is not just a right and privilege, the way I see it, it's good for them.

Note I said kissing. Not sex. Not a 15-minute-long make-out session with tongues and groping of one another's asses.

But a kiss hello or goodbye? A spontaneous swoop in just to say "honey, I love you" while you're making dinner? I'm all about that kind of PDA in front of my kid

When her dad and I kiss or when Brad and Angie kiss in front of Zahara and her siblings, the message that's being sent is one of love. You're modeling a healthy relationship, one that they'll remember when they get older and start looking for someone to settle down with.

Moments of love between parents are also reassuring for kids. With divorce a pretty common thing in America these days, most kids have at least a handful of friends whose parents aren't together anymore. I know my daughter has asked if that's going to happen to us; just because it's happened to her friends' parents. When she sees us kiss or hug or hold hands, we're sending her a message that things are OK here at home, that she doesn't need to worry -- everything's good on the home front.

Considering their relationship is constantly being splashed on magazine covers (and more than a few times there have been rumors of breakups), Angelina and Brad have to send the same message to their kids, and those kisses do a world of wonder. Even if they do gross them out!

Do you kiss in front of your kids? What do the kids say about it?

by on May. 23, 2013 at 8:40 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 on May. 23, 2013 at 8:42 AM

I kiss my SO in front of my kids....no big deal....

randomosityblog
by on May. 23, 2013 at 8:44 AM
6 moms liked this

You said making out, then in the article above (not the actual article) it says quick kisses are okay. Which is it?

Cbreland07
by Ruby Member on May. 23, 2013 at 8:44 AM
I kiss my husband in front of my kids all the time.. In fact my 4 yr old tells my husband to not forget to kids me when he comes home from work and the tackle him first
Kaelaasmom
by Katie on May. 23, 2013 at 8:45 AM
1 mom liked this

My husband and I are affectionate with each other in front of our daughter, just as my parents were in front of me and my siblings and my husband's mother and step father were in front of him. It's good for children to see.

CafeMom Tickers
Anonymous
by Anonymous 2 on May. 23, 2013 at 8:53 AM

Yes, I kiss and flirt with my husband in front of the kids. It's healthy for them to see....better then prude parents who can show no affection. 

LoriLou75
by Ruby Member on May. 23, 2013 at 8:56 AM
3 moms liked this

Yes, we do. I thonk it is good for children to see intamacy between parents. It teaches them healthy relationships. 

Perfect.Pixie
by on May. 23, 2013 at 8:57 AM
WE are very affectionate in front of our kids.
starlight91
by on May. 23, 2013 at 8:58 AM
1 mom liked this

Ofcoarse we do, we hug & kiss, we cuddle on the recliner or couch together to... My dd once had a friend ask her , if her parents embarass her because we always are holding hands, or he will put his hand on my leg while hes driving...  My dd said no..

I think its good for kids to see some of it, it shows them what a real marriage is supposed to be like...Its been 16 yrs married and 22 yrs together total, its great for our dd's to see how a marriage that long can still be lovey dovey..lol

SweetPea2004
by Platinum Member on May. 23, 2013 at 8:59 AM

Yes a quick peck nothing long. 

do11face
by on May. 23, 2013 at 9:01 AM

Yes.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)