Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

they are asking this on fb to be passed around Westboro related

Anonymous
Posted by Anonymous
  • 18 Replies

Poll

Question: Is this fair to not serve her?

Options:

No

Yes

Maybe

WTF

Only group members can vote in this poll.

Total Votes: 35

View Results

Do you think it is fair to do that even though she is a WESTBORO leader she is also a paying customer? I do not agree with Westboro and their picketing but i am not sure about refusing services to someone over their own stupidity.

Posted by Anonymous on May. 23, 2013 at 11:20 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
cLanief
by Ruby Member on May. 23, 2013 at 11:24 AM
1 mom liked this
Yes.. all businesses have the right to refuse everyone...btw.. the waco thing is because its near where the plant exploded so they could have been in that area.
AHmom103
by Gold Member on May. 23, 2013 at 11:24 AM

Yes it's fair. Businesses can choose to not serve anyone they want. They are the ones who will lose money because of their choice, so what's the problem?

quickbooksworm
by Ruby Member on May. 23, 2013 at 11:26 AM
1 mom liked this

Businesses reserve the right to refuse service to anyone they please as long as they aren't breaking any discriminatory laws.

Think about it this way... if you are forced to serve this person and the rest of the patrons clear out in protest, that harms your business.  You have the right to run your establishment as you see fit so that you can earn a living.  

quickbooksworm
by Ruby Member on May. 23, 2013 at 11:27 AM
1 mom liked this

Also, I would argue that because she is part of a hate group (as labeled by the FBI), businesses would run the risk of violence on or damage to their property.

Anonymous
by Anonymous - Original Poster on May. 23, 2013 at 11:31 AM

I am not saying i have a issue with it 

Bethsunshine
by Emerald Member on May. 23, 2013 at 11:35 AM

Yes it is absolutely fair. Business owners have the right to refuse service to anyone. If I were a business owner, I would refuse her.

lnrmom
by Ruby Member on May. 23, 2013 at 11:36 AM

Those people are SICK.

RazzleMySpazz
by spaztastic on May. 23, 2013 at 11:36 AM

I completely agree with refusing her service...

Providing her a service could damage future business, especially in small towns... they are there to picket funerals for your neighbors and your neighbor's children.....

Those neighbors are your regular business, the people who keep your doors open.... your neighbors might be put off by you taking in business from the people who disrupted their grieving! 

financially it makes sense to refuse them...

Also, they suck a and I know I wouldn't be able to service them without wanting to punch someone!

mrs.hartman12
by on May. 23, 2013 at 11:37 AM

I refuse to give those people any type of special attention. Obviously they thrive on it, especially negative attention. 

numonestunar
by Platinum Member on May. 23, 2013 at 11:37 AM
Hell yes it is fair. I hope they leave us alone!!
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)