Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

Little girls and two-piece bathing suits

Posted by on May. 23, 2013 at 12:16 PM
  • 131 Replies

At what age do you think it is appropriate?  It makes me sick to see these little girls in itty bitty bikini's. I saw two girls at the splash pad dressed just like this.  Why would you sexualize your daughters at such a young age?

by on May. 23, 2013 at 12:16 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Anonymous
by Anonymous on May. 23, 2013 at 12:17 PM
2 moms liked this

when they are like 3 yrs old..yes, but not again until they are sixteen!  thank god i have boys :)

shortyshorts25
by on May. 23, 2013 at 12:17 PM

I have two girls and i wouldn't do this.. 

CatFishMom
by on May. 23, 2013 at 12:17 PM

It'll be a long, long time before my daughter wears crap like that.

ashli488
by Bronze Member on May. 23, 2013 at 12:19 PM
2 moms liked this

my 3 yr old wears 2 pieces but its "cute" at her age. now my little sister is just about 8 wears the tankini things its still a 2 piece but it covers the belly. im ok with that. but not actual bikini

AMCMSM
by Gold Member on May. 23, 2013 at 12:20 PM
Bikinis are designed to accentuate the bust and curves of a fully developed woman. IMO they do not belong on children. Appropriate 2 pieces are ok like tankini's. those bottoms would be fine with a more appropriate top.
Dippydoomomof2
by on May. 23, 2013 at 12:20 PM
My 6 year old will be in a tankini this year. Nothing like that until she is much much older.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
gcsadie
by Silver Member on May. 23, 2013 at 12:22 PM

I don't see anything wrong with it, personally. That's just my opinion. 

MrsKaufold1990
by on May. 23, 2013 at 12:22 PM

My daughter is 5, I fought and fought with my husband last year for a two peice, because that's what Addison wanted last year at the age of 4.. 

Daddy caved, but then ended up hiding the top of the bathing suit, he beat us all lol. 

But this year, it'll be a tankini, she's 5, and I think it's highly inappropriate for anyone under the age of 17 to wear those. 

And she will not be allowed to wear a bikini again until she is 18, and not living with me.

mom2_2542
by Gold Member on May. 23, 2013 at 12:22 PM
I do tankini for my little one still in diapers. But no..no bikini tops here. For us.
renner450
by Gold Member on May. 23, 2013 at 12:23 PM
My little one wears tankinis.
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)