Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

Do you have a garden? If so let's see it or tell me about it.

Posted by on May. 23, 2013 at 12:49 PM
  • 144 Replies
5 moms liked this

My garden is in full effect.  The recent rain is making everything grow quickly, I love it!

You can't see everything in here but most of it is.

On the very left, you can't see the square.  It's cantaloupe and watermelon.

On the right on the bottom are cucumbers, above that is spinach, above that is asparagus and a sweet bell pepper plant.  In the middle at the bottom are carrots, above that, the big greens are onions, above that are eggplants, above that in the rows of 4 is romaine lettuce and above that that you can't see are jalapenos.  On the left at the bottom is Oliver (5) and Zoe's (3 1/2) garden.  They have a blueberry, strawberry and raspberry plant.  They are doing very well taking care of it.  Above that are all pumpkins.  We are going to have a lot of pumpkins, lol.

Here are my sunflowers growing.  The whole front of the house is covered in them.  There are about 100 of them.

Here are our blueberry plants.  We have three huge ones.  We get about a gallon a week.  That will start in the beginning of July.

Here are our snap peas growing like crazy.  They are flowering now so the peas will come soon.  We get A LOT of these.  Once you pick on off another grows back within 3-4 days.  Right across from them are our green beans.  They have a little while to go.

We also have 3 strawberry bushes that are blooming now.  We get about a big bowl a week of them.  And 6 tomatoe plants.  They are non stop.

by on May. 23, 2013 at 12:49 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Elyce225
by Emerald Member on May. 23, 2013 at 12:50 PM

BUMP!

Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 on May. 23, 2013 at 12:52 PM
I'm so jealous. Every year I say I'm going to plant a garden. I still haven't. I really want blueberries and strawberries...we would save so much! Do you plant from seeds?
x.Aim.x
by Amy on May. 23, 2013 at 12:52 PM

Heres a bump for you. :-)

IndigoRose
by on May. 23, 2013 at 12:53 PM
1 mom liked this

Soooooooooooooooooo  Cool!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!  LOVE IT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!  plant a tree

AjCeCeMom
by Ruby Member on May. 23, 2013 at 12:53 PM
Yes, we have a large garden and grow pretty much all our vegetables for the year.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
AMCMSM
by Gold Member on May. 23, 2013 at 12:53 PM
We are moving this summer. I can not wait to have a garden again. Where we are now is to cold....last year I got 3 tomatoes from 2 tomato plants and one serving of green beans. Strawberries did nothing.
Anonymous
by Anonymous 2 on May. 23, 2013 at 12:54 PM
I wish I had a garden. I live in a duplex and have no yard of my own. We have a few fruit tress, though.
ColtsFan1912
by FriendoftheFoot on May. 23, 2013 at 12:55 PM

So jealous!

We don't have  a yard right now. I'm going to put some pots out on my patio though. I wait until mid may hoping all teh cold snaps are over with.

poietes
by Platinum Member on May. 23, 2013 at 12:56 PM
2 moms liked this
I dont have picts right now but we have about 2 acres that used to be farm land that we have our garden on. (We dont use the whole 2 acres). So far I have planted some herbs, strawberries(11 plants), asaragus, blueberries, dill, grapes, green onions, carrots, lettuce, spinach, blue corn, pumpkins, roma tomatoes, beefsteak tomatoes, green peppers, jalepeno peppers, yellow onions, snap peas and potatoes.

We still have to plant watermelon, cantelope, sweet corn, butternut squash, spaghetti squash, and green beans. We will also do a second round of spinach and lettuce later this summer.
nataliemaddymom
by Bronze Member on May. 23, 2013 at 1:00 PM
Ours is ready to plant but weather is colder and rainy right now, hoping to get it done this weekend. I have asparagus and strawberry plants going now. We will have watermelon, cantaloupe, summer squash, zucchini, winter squash, tomatoes and cucumber in one. Corn, peas, green beans, lettuce, radish, swiss chard, spinach, carrots, sweet and hot peppers, and potatoes in our other :) Can't wait till everything is ready.
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN