Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

Rape dreams. Trigger.

Anonymous
Posted by Anonymous
  • 12 Replies
I've been having dreams where I'm being raped, I wake up in the morning feeling drained and exhausted, no matter how much sleep I got. In my dreams the guys are strangers. I don't know why I'm having these dreams but they are upsetting me. I'm not watching any movies that have rape scenes or even thinking about it. Why am I having these disturbing dreams? Anyone else have dreams like this? They are happening more frequently now.
Posted by Anonymous on May. 23, 2013 at 2:40 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Anonymous
by Anonymous on May. 23, 2013 at 2:44 PM

are you eating something different before bed? 

Anonymous
by Anonymous - Original Poster on May. 23, 2013 at 2:44 PM
Bump
SexyCaitlin
by on May. 23, 2013 at 2:45 PM
Have you been raped?
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Anonymous
by Anonymous - Original Poster on May. 23, 2013 at 2:45 PM
Nope, I'm not doing anything differently.

Quoting Anonymous:

are you eating something different before bed? 

wulfeyes05
by Ruby Member on May. 23, 2013 at 2:45 PM

I know certain foods give me weird dreams. If I eat spicy food before gong to sleep I dream about zombies.

Anonymous
by Anonymous - Original Poster on May. 23, 2013 at 2:48 PM
Lol I bet those are scary. I don't like zombies. I don't eat past 7pm. I know I've been stressing. I've had severe abdominal pain and my dr isn't returning my calls.

Quoting wulfeyes05:

I know certain foods give me weird dreams. If I eat spicy food before gong to sleep I dream about zombies.

PoplarGrove
by Silver Member on May. 23, 2013 at 2:53 PM

Is there something going on in your life that you feel is out of your control?  Or do you feel controlled and manipulated or forced to do things in your life?  Dreams like that are usually your mind's way of giving you a warning...not that you're going to be raped or have been raped but that something in your life has to change and you need to take control. Your subconscious mind is using a powerful image to work through your feelings. 

I used to have similiar dreams of being raped by hooded men and also having hooded figures coming into my house and trying to take me away.  They were terrifying and went on for years.  Once I took control of my life and got away from the controlling influences the dreams disappeared.  

Anonymous
by Anonymous - Original Poster on May. 23, 2013 at 3:00 PM
I have been feeling overwhelmed and stressed out. I was rape a few years ago, but the dreams aren't a replay of it.

Quoting PoplarGrove:

Is there something going on in your life that you feel is out of your control?  Or do you feel controlled and manipulated or forced to do things in your life?  Dreams like that are usually your mind's way of giving you a warning...not that you're going to be raped or have been raped but that something in your life has to change and you need to take control. Your subconscious mind is using a powerful image to work through your feelings. 

I used to have similiar dreams of being raped by hooded men and also having hooded figures coming into my house and trying to take me away.  They were terrifying and went on for years.  Once I took control of my life and got away from the controlling influences the dreams disappeared.  

wulfeyes05
by Ruby Member on May. 23, 2013 at 3:04 PM

I've had a couple of scary ones and a couple that made no sense lol. Maybe try yoga or meditation or going on a long walk. You could always keep a journal and see if that helps.

Quoting Anonymous:

Lol I bet those are scary. I don't like zombies. I don't eat past 7pm. I know I've been stressing. I've had severe abdominal pain and my dr isn't returning my calls.

Quoting wulfeyes05:

Anonymous
by Anonymous on May. 23, 2013 at 3:06 PM

I have dreams like this from time to time, but I was a victim of rape about 10 years ago. I figured it came from that. I totally understand about feeling drained and exhausted after the dreams.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)