Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

Zoo death, parents suing ***Trigger***

Anonymous
Posted by Anonymous
  • 268 Replies

http://www.wpxi.com/news/news/local/parents-sue-pittsburgh-zoo-boys-mauling-death/nXz8S/

The parents are suing the zoo after their 2 year old fell into the African wild dog exhibit and was mauled to death.

I did agreee the mother should not have been charged, however, I do not agree with the fact that they are suing.

Do you agree or disagree with them?No matter what happened, they lost a child and are to be empathized with. There must be no end to the grief and her grief must be especially complicated. I knew this would happen however, I was a person who thought she is to blame. It is impossible to swallow that it's her fault,but i feel she is 100% to blame here.

For visual reference:

Where: This is the overlook platform where two-year-old Maddox fell into the dog enclosure. He bounced off the net, which is there to save small items like cameras and phones

his is the overlook platform where two-year-old Maddox fell into the dog enclosure. He bounced off the net, which is there to save small items like cameras and phones

It's sad though, and I think the whole lawsuit is due to the guilt the parents feel. That mother must feel so horrible for what was an accident, and the suit probably helps her feel like someone else shares part of the fault. 

I mean, if the zoo knew full and well that there was a safety concern and chose to ignore that? Well, I could see that being an issue.

Posted by Anonymous on May. 23, 2013 at 3:15 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
thenameshailie
by Emerald Member on May. 23, 2013 at 3:16 PM
1 mom liked this

Heartbreaking but this is a perfect example of why you should never push the limits of railings etc. I doubt she would win that case.

Anonymous
by Anonymous 2 on May. 23, 2013 at 3:17 PM

:( Poor baby... I can't imagine what that child's last moments were like. Mother is to blame for not paying close enough attention to her child but the Zoo needs a higher fence so little ones can't climb it and fall when parents aren't doing their job and watching their kids properly. My heart hurts :'(

elliesmum06
by on May. 23, 2013 at 3:18 PM
10 moms liked this

I think it is 100% her fault. She really doesn't have any leg to stand on for suing. Especially when there are signs posted. 

slw123
by on May. 23, 2013 at 3:19 PM
3 moms liked this

Wow, tragic all the way around.  How can they sue the zoo when it was the mother who intentionally put her child in harms way?  I know she never intended for him to fall in, but he never would have if she hadn't put him up on the railing.

whitegirlwasted
by on May. 23, 2013 at 3:21 PM
44 moms liked this

Fuck. That.

I would've jumped in head-first to try and save my baby, even if that meant mauling us both to death. I couldn't just "stand back and watch helplessly."

just_hc
by Gold Member on May. 23, 2013 at 3:21 PM

That was hard to read.  The boys death was horrific.  The mother had to watch it all happen.  Lord knows how I'd reach in their shoes. 

Anonymous
by Anonymous 3 on May. 23, 2013 at 3:23 PM
I think she should have been charged with something and i think she wouldn't be allowed to sue. I could have sworn there were signs there saying do not sit on the rail?
mybabiesmama916
by on May. 23, 2013 at 3:23 PM

No she shouldn't sue that's ridiculous, She is the one that ignored the warning signs it was her fault he fell.

Moms2be0109
by on May. 23, 2013 at 3:23 PM
3 moms liked this

Be smart about open zoo exhibits people. Lift your kid up ok, but not onto the fence.

Beauty91805
by Platinum Member on May. 23, 2013 at 3:23 PM
1 mom liked this
Same here

Quoting whitegirlwasted:

Fuck. That.

I would've jumped in head-first to try and save my baby, even if that meant mauling us both to death. I couldn't just "stand back and watch helplessly."

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN