Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

My new teeth adventure....UPDATE1!!! quick question?

Posted by on May. 23, 2013 at 6:06 PM
  • 61 Replies

QUESTION: now that some of the swelling has gone down... the partial is alittle loose :/ i knew that would happen but i feel like if i try and bite down i will break it. (i know i wouldnt but u know...if you have em) i go back tomorrow for a check up but can they adjust it? the one tooth it clasps to has a cavitie and is needing a crown. (i knew this already and i have the $ to cover that one and a small part of another crown but i still need 1400 to finish everything before i shell out 900 for my perm ones in feb. so any advice on what to do? i tried my first real solid food ( a burger... i ended up just eating the meat and a little bread and it was sooo good! but i will go back to yougurt and ill have some stuffing for dinner). 

Edit: I am talking about full or partial dentures not snap in ones (ALTHOUGH THEY LOOK LOVELY LOL) im trying to see what they are like before i get them done. I want a pretty smile and not to be in pain anymore!

I had emergency dental surgery yestersday and had the dr do a full exam while i was there... i have an irrational fear of dentists and dont go when i have small issues... and when i had the money when i was pregnant with my dd (3 years ago) my ex would all of a sudden come up with evey excuse on why i couldnt go to the dentist (we need to fix the car, we dont have food in the house, i need ______ ect) so i had an infection that spread to all my teeth and now they are rotting from the inside out. 

again another reason i hate going to the dentist :(  but i am going now and i am fixing my teeth not only for health reasons but bc i hate my smile now and i have to do something about it. I am having all but 4 teeth on my tops pulled on 7/12 (2 molars and my canine teeth are staying) and they are giving me a partial top (its a temp one till they fix everything then we will go for a perm one). i want to know which you think is better? me having a full denture and just have them pull all of them or to do a partial... also what do they look like? im googling but im not seeing people with them in.. so if any of you can post a pic of your smile and tell me anything about it i would greatly appreciate it ladies. 

UPDATE1: I WENT in for a 4 hour treatment yesterday. they put me under general anistesia (sp) and not only did they pull 8 teeth )including my 2 top wisdom) they did gum therapy on me as well. I opted for general anestesia of i was so nervous and the amount of time it was going to take... but i woke up in the middle of it still! lol. i weas still groggy and pretty numbed up still. i only  felt a tiny pit of pain during when they had to put cold water on my gums to rinse. 

but i called my bf while i was still in the chair when they were done and getting my papers together and grabbing my temp partial (i dont really remember calling him lol)and when he got there and i could stand up the nurse asked if i wanted a wheel chair but i said no and wobbled out to the car. (i looked high and drunk)

i dont remember the drive home i just remember waking up in bed some time later. josh woke me up and gave me my meds ( a couple antibiotics and water) and then a while later i took 1 5mg perc. a few hours after i got home i felt like i needed to puke, which i did, but i remember laying there taking deep breaths going...oooohh no im not doing this right now! ohhhh come on body noooo.... ohhhh shit joshua! (i was laughing after the fact) i ran to the bathroom and luckly my temps stayed in put and protected my raw gums. 

i wasnt supposed to rinse today to let everything start to heal but i did (very gently) and i popped out the partial to rinse in warm water.

i slept most of the day (dd was at daycare and then josh took her to her nana judis.) she had a blast there with all of them. amanda (joshuas cousin) and her bd brandon played with her (they are in college) then they left her with judi to go buy a kiddie pool and waterguns and such. meantime adam and his friend kenny come home (adam is amandas brother- which lily doesnt interact with much bc hes shy and lil scared of kids bc he hasnt been around em since he was a kid lol) but she followed him and kenny into his room and kicked it with em for a long time! they bonded (awwwwwwwwwwwwwww) i think adam is starting to fall in love with dd just as the rest of the family has. :)

i finally ate soup and jello (more than a few table spoons like during the day) at 1130pm and then filled out for a new postion at work (CROSS UR FINGERS!!!!!) then went back to bed... lol but that was my adventure. i still have more work to be done on my teeth between now and feb when i can get my perm partials but now that its started i cant wait! i love my smile already even though im all swollen.

by on May. 23, 2013 at 6:06 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
momma4vr
by Gold Member on May. 23, 2013 at 6:06 PM

BUMP!

momma4vr
by Gold Member on May. 23, 2013 at 6:08 PM

anyone/

Keeely07
by on May. 23, 2013 at 6:09 PM
Snap on smile!!

Look it up. I have one and it's the best thing ever!! I can post a pic if you want
smack05
by Bronze Member on May. 23, 2013 at 6:10 PM
I have a full plate on top just had last of bottom teeth pulled for a bottom plate. Can't wait to get my new teeth
RobinChristine
by on May. 23, 2013 at 6:11 PM

I have full denture,I had degenerative bone disease in my mouth. It was caused by constant gum swelling this came from my seizure control medicine Pic later

laranadtony
by Ruby Member on May. 23, 2013 at 6:11 PM

I have a full upper and a lower cast partial.

Anonymous
by Anonymous on May. 23, 2013 at 6:12 PM
Yes post a pic, I want to see too: )

Quoting Keeely07:

Snap on smile!!

Look it up. I have one and it's the best thing ever!! I can post a pic if you want
Keeely07
by on May. 23, 2013 at 6:13 PM
2 moms liked this

Mobile Photo

Here's mine. It's snap on smile. It was only 1650. No surgery no pain. The website helps! Snaponsmile.com

It has literally changed my life. I have a missing tooth next to my two front teeth. And I have small teeth and an underbite. Back in 2009 i had jaw surgery and my jaw ended up moving back slightly. This fixed everything. It looks like I have perfect teeth. It's a cheaper alternative. You can take it in and out. It's awesome!!
Anonymous
by Anonymous on May. 23, 2013 at 6:14 PM

Was it osseous surgery? I had that. OWCH.  I have bone loss from canine to canine that I will eventually need to have prostetics for as well. I'm looking into dental implants.

Anonymous
by Anonymous on May. 23, 2013 at 6:19 PM

they're beautiful, can you eat with them? Are they glued in? Do you need teeth to adhere them too? Sorry for all the questions.

Quoting Keeely07:

Mobile Photo

Here's mine. It's snap on smile. It was only 1650. No surgery no pain. The website helps! Snaponsmile.com

It has literally changed my life. I have a missing tooth next to my two front teeth. And I have small teeth and an underbite. Back in 2009 i had jaw surgery and my jaw ended up moving back slightly. This fixed everything. It looks like I have perfect teeth. It's a cheaper alternative. You can take it in and out. It's awesome!!

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)