Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

Came out to my brother and this is what he said...... EDIT I told my dad

Anonymous
Posted by Anonymous
  • 70 Replies
33 moms liked this

I told my brother I'm bisexual. Haven't told anyone else. Waited for his reply and.....

"I am proud of you for being true to yourself and I am so happy that you felt comfortable enough with me to tell me! "

I love my brother so much :) He is just freaking awesome

EDIT

I was talking to my brother and he said ""That reminds me. I would never tell anyone, even dad, but if you wanted to tell dad about your orientation I don't think you would regret it. He is very open minded. He considers himself agnostic and it would probably feel good to have the acceptance of at least one parent. :) "

I knew that was true, and took that to heart and told my dad tonight and asked him if it bothered him.... He told me hell no and said he was proud of me for being comfortable enough to tell him. :) Then he sent me links to two churches local to where I live that accept everyone with no discrimination. He said "Kid, I'd love you if you were trisexual. It doesn't matter at all. You are you, regardless of whom you love." His acceptance brought me to tears - but happy tears :)

Just wanted to share :D

Posted by Anonymous on May. 23, 2013 at 8:26 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Anonymous
by Anonymous 2 on May. 23, 2013 at 8:28 PM
2 moms liked this

THAT is awesome!  

Congratulations for having an outstanding brother!

Anonymous
by Anonymous 3 on May. 23, 2013 at 8:30 PM
4 moms liked this
I think we are all bisexual. We are extremely sexual creatures. Some people are just more open to it then others. Glad your brother is so accepting
seksen
by Gold Member on May. 23, 2013 at 8:31 PM
1 mom liked this
Awesome!
Anonymous
by Anonymous - Original Poster on May. 24, 2013 at 12:24 AM
I was nervous to tell him even though I knew he wouldn't judge me, and I'm so glad I did :) I don't have any plans to tell my parents though. I don't know how my dad and stepmom would react but I know my mom would disown me.

Quoting Anonymous:

THAT is awesome!  

Congratulations for having an outstanding brother!

Anonymous
by Anonymous 4 on May. 24, 2013 at 12:25 AM

What makes you think you're bisexual? What experience have you had?

Anonymous
by Anonymous - Original Poster on May. 24, 2013 at 12:28 AM
I think that's true on some levels.

And me too :) I'm really glad I told him

Quoting Anonymous:

I think we are all bisexual. We are extremely sexual creatures. Some people are just more open to it then others. Glad your brother is so accepting
Anonymous
by Anonymous 5 on May. 24, 2013 at 12:34 AM
I am in that boat now! I too think I will only tell those closest to me, such as my longterm BF and a few close friends... I am just trying to figure out a way to tell them. :/
Anonymous
by Anonymous - Original Poster on May. 24, 2013 at 12:34 AM
I'm divorced from an abusive man. While I'm still attracted to men, I'm not comfortable being in a relationship with a man right now. I've always been bi-curious though and was with a female friend, things happened... lol. I've been with her several times and enjoy it more than being with men.

Quoting Anonymous:

LizzieAnnesMom
by ☆Mrs.Winchester☆ on May. 24, 2013 at 12:36 AM
1 mom liked this
Lol i remember in high school a friend came out. He expected people to hate on him for it. Our response was " we know"
Anonymous
by Anonymous 4 on May. 24, 2013 at 12:38 AM

As someone who actually IS bisexual I'm just going to put it out here that it takes a lifetime of experience, confusion, loves, exloves, and losses to classify yourself as a bisexual. Do you have any idea about BEING a bisexual? Bisexuals are more hated than gays! The straight community hates you for being gay (at all) and the gay community hates you because they think you're just giving them a bad name. It's extremely frustrating! 

In fact in high school and well into my early twenties I never told anyone I was a bisexual, I just told them I was gay. 

Quoting Anonymous:

I'm divorced from an abusive man. While I'm still attracted to men, I'm not comfortable being in a relationship with a man right now. I've always been bi-curious though and was with a female friend, things happened... lol. I've been with her several times and enjoy it more than being with men.

Quoting Anonymous:

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)