Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

Came out to my brother and this is what he said...... EDIT I told my dad

Posted by Anonymous   + Show Post

I told my brother I'm bisexual. Haven't told anyone else. Waited for his reply and.....

"I am proud of you for being true to yourself and I am so happy that you felt comfortable enough with me to tell me! "

I love my brother so much :) He is just freaking awesome

EDIT

I was talking to my brother and he said ""That reminds me. I would never tell anyone, even dad, but if you wanted to tell dad about your orientation I don't think you would regret it. He is very open minded. He considers himself agnostic and it would probably feel good to have the acceptance of at least one parent. :) "

I knew that was true, and took that to heart and told my dad tonight and asked him if it bothered him.... He told me hell no and said he was proud of me for being comfortable enough to tell him. :) Then he sent me links to two churches local to where I live that accept everyone with no discrimination. He said "Kid, I'd love you if you were trisexual. It doesn't matter at all. You are you, regardless of whom you love." His acceptance brought me to tears - but happy tears :)

Just wanted to share :D

Posted by Anonymous on May. 23, 2013 at 8:26 PM
Replies (41-50):
amberleh
by Gold Member on May. 24, 2013 at 12:04 PM
1 mom liked this

woohooThats awesome! Congrats!

Anonymous
by Anonymous on May. 24, 2013 at 12:06 PM

No, we're not all bisexual.  If it makes you feel better to say that then so be it but don't stereotype and classify everyone.  No problem at all with bisexuality and homosexuality but I assure you "all" is a gross miscalculation.

Quoting Anonymous:

I think we are all bisexual. We are extremely sexual creatures. Some people are just more open to it then others. Glad your brother is so accepting

Anonymous
by Anonymous on May. 24, 2013 at 12:08 PM
2 moms liked this

OMG!  I found you!  The only bisexual person on the face of the planet... so glad we could finally meet!!

Now go away.

Quoting Anonymous:

As someone who actually IS bisexual I'm just going to put it out here that it takes a lifetime of experience, confusion, loves, exloves, and losses to classify yourself as a bisexual. Do you have any idea about BEING a bisexual? Bisexuals are more hated than gays! The straight community hates you for being gay (at all) and the gay community hates you because they think you're just giving them a bad name. It's extremely frustrating! 

In fact in high school and well into my early twenties I never told anyone I was a bisexual, I just told them I was gay. 

Quoting Anonymous:

I'm divorced from an abusive man. While I'm still attracted to men, I'm not comfortable being in a relationship with a man right now. I've always been bi-curious though and was with a female friend, things happened... lol. I've been with her several times and enjoy it more than being with men.

Quoting Anonymous:

What makes you think you're bisexual? What experience have you had?

Anonymous
by Anonymous on May. 24, 2013 at 12:46 PM
I think I may be bi as well however I have never went all the way with a woman so I am not 100% on it... One day when I find the right woman I will try it :)
KenneMaw
by Gold Member on May. 24, 2013 at 12:47 PM
1 mom liked this

he is awesome!!!   i adore my big brother.

Anonymous
by Anonymous - Original Poster on May. 24, 2013 at 1:58 PM

No it wouldn't. If I was in love with the woman and wanted to marry her, I would do it. Her attitude didn't hold me back before I married my ex, I was in love with him and married him, even though she hated him and didn't come to the wedding lol. Then awhile after we got married he started getting abusive. The end. Lol.

It would be a tough situation though. I don't look forward to "coming out" to her when the time comes. If I do meet a woman I want to marry though, at least I know my brother will be there :D

Quoting Anonymous:

Hmmmmm probably not a good idea to bring it up to Mom at this point! Have you thought about what you would do if you really do get serious with a lady and want to get married? Would your mom's anticipated reaction hold you back? I have never had to deal with this personally, but I feel for people who have. You deserve to be happy no matter what. I do know that for sure.
Quoting Anonymous:

She's practically disowned my brother because he doesn't have the same religious beliefs that she does and that we grew up being taught. She's Christian, he's an Atheist. She's gone so far as to block him from our sister's facebook page. Anything that she doesn't agree with is "evil". I've heard her frequently put down and say disgusting remarks about people who aren't straight. She doesn't agree with it, therefore it's wrong and disgusting. I'd much rather just keep her in the dark and avoid the animosity. We already don't get along as well as I would like. My dad and stepmom are a different story. I'm sure they wouldn't care and would still love and support me just like they do now. Just nerve wracking even thinking of bringing that up lol. Plus they live in Washington State and I'm in IN, it's not like I can sit down with them face to face lol.

Quoting Anonymous:

Always be true to yourself and go with what feels right for you. I say you can't go wrong that way. Not everyone will agree with how you live your life. It's sad that your mom would disown you. But maybe she wouldn't. I know it's nerve wracking coming out to loved ones. I have never been in that situation, but friends that I have will say it's very stressful. Sometimes the things you imagine are much worse than what really happens though. I have friends that were nervous as heck to come out and thought their parents would react totally different than they did. A lot of times the parent will say they already knew. I know that's not always the case. Just don't stress out about it too much. I don't know how a mother could ever turn their back on a daughter because of orientation. I hope that never happens if you do decide to tell her though. Good luck.
Quoting Anonymous:

I'm divorced from an abusive man. While I'm still attracted to men, I'm not comfortable being in a relationship with a man right now. I've always been bi-curious though and was with a female friend, things happened... lol. I've been with her several times and enjoy it more than being with men.

Quoting Anonymous:

What makes you think you're bisexual? What experience have you had?

Anonymous
by Anonymous - Original Poster on May. 24, 2013 at 2:00 PM
1 mom liked this

That's awesome :)

Quoting mrssummerlin:

It's alright. They finally came around, I'm sure having your 16yr old say that to you isn't exactly expected.

It's been over 9 yrs now and we all get along great now.

I'm glad he's so supportive too, he really is a great guy. :)

Quoting Anonymous:

I'm so sorry you had to go through that :( That's why I've kept it to myself and especially haven't told my mom. That's great that your DH is supportive though :)

Quoting mrssummerlin:

Awesome he's so supportive. Wish I had been that lucky.

I "came out" to my brother and he told our entire HS. I "came out" to my parents and my mom didn't talk to me for over a year and my dad, well we won't get into that.

Just like when I told my mother I was Pagan last year... She hit me in the back of the head with a freaking hair brush and walked away.

No support the wieners.

At least my DH is supportive and understanding.

Mel0dy
by Platinum Member on May. 24, 2013 at 2:02 PM
1 mom liked this

Awwwwwww :) What a awesome brother you have. I bet you feel alot better 

Anonymous
by Anonymous - Original Poster on May. 24, 2013 at 2:03 PM

That was me. I've always been attracted to both men and women, but wouldn't have say I was bisexual until I'd actually been with a woman. Now I have been :) And I honestly like it better than being with a man, but I'm still attracted to men too lol

Quoting Anonymous:

I think I may be bi as well however I have never went all the way with a woman so I am not 100% on it... One day when I find the right woman I will try it :)

Anonymous
by Anonymous on May. 24, 2013 at 2:05 PM

That is cool. If I told my brother that I would get a lecture about how I am a dirty sinner and I will rot in hell. Needless to say, I don't speak to my brother.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)