Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

DS got in trouble today

Posted by on May. 23, 2013 at 9:04 PM
  • 51 Replies
Today we celebrated my husband's birthday. We went out for a big lunch, did a little shopping and took in a matinee. DS was there for all of it-and then went to my grandmother's for a couple hours so DH and I could get a little time to ourselves. We haven't seen each other much recently bc of the end of my semester, my new job and he's been busy going to interviews for new jobs and whatnot. DS wasn't angry about going to my grandmother's, he loves it there and they love having him.

So around 7pm DH left to go pick up DS and came back about 45mins later-I wondered what took so long but figured that my grandfather was up and talking to him-he can go on and on lol. DH SLAMS into the house and just looks pissed. I assumed my aunt was there and tried to start an argument-she does that sometimes. We don't really engage with her but sometimes she'll say stuff to get under our skin and DH has been pretty down bc of his job situation, so I figured it was something like that.

But no. Apparently DS told a couple of WHOPPERS while he was over there. Like, semi-serious shit. He told my grandmother that we slept all day and didn't give him lunch...uh...what? First of all, we went out to eat. Second of all-my kid NEVER misses a meal. He eats more than anyone I know. Then he told her that there were BUGS in his bed. Big bugs and they also climb on the walls. When my grandmother asked why he said "Idk. I guess maybe 'cause Mommy sleeps all day and doesn't clean."

WHAT? Sleep all day? I have THREE JOBS. I go to school full time. And my home is pretty clean. I'm pretty anal about the kitchen and bathrooms. DS' room has legos all over it right now-but its CLEAN. Ugh.

My grandmother didn't really "believe" DS...she knows that we're pretty clean. Well-for some reason she bought the lunch thing but DH explained we all went out to eat-but he's in trouble. We asked him why he made it up and he said that he was bored. Okay...bored. So just say "Hey, here's a story I thought of." DON'T TELL PEOPLE THERE ARE ROACHES IN YOUR BED.

Honestly. I wonder about him sometimes. He went to bed early as his punishment and tomorrow we're going to have another talk about honesty. But MAN was DH mad. He kept shaking his head and muttering "Unbelievable. Just unbelievable."
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
by on May. 23, 2013 at 9:04 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
robyann
by on May. 23, 2013 at 9:09 PM

Yea it was wrong for him to lie to his grandparents and you are right to punish him. He is old enough to know that he was lying. 

BUT--- you do have to admit he's got a great imagination! You could encourage him to make up some stories, even write them down. Tell him it was wrong to lie like that, that he should always tell people if it's a made up story or the truth. 

mlg1989
by ZombieMegg on May. 23, 2013 at 9:10 PM
UH oh.... dun dun dunnnnn
I would be pissed but im not sure what I would do.
spooky415
by Ruby Member on May. 23, 2013 at 9:11 PM
Yeah that's the thing. He's always telling me some story or something...but I guess I should have been putting more of an emphasis on him differentiating for others what happened and what's a story.

Quoting robyann:

Yea it was wrong for him to lie to his grandparents and you are right to punish him. He is old enough to know that he was lying. 

BUT--- you do have to admit he's got a great imagination! You could encourage him to make up some stories, even write them down. Tell him it was wrong to lie like that, that he should always tell people if it's a made up story or the truth. 

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
spooky415
by Ruby Member on May. 23, 2013 at 9:11 PM
1 mom liked this
Part of me was just relieved DH was on the receiving end of it this time lol.

Quoting mlg1989:

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
mlg1989
by ZombieMegg on May. 23, 2013 at 9:12 PM
I bet! That is some serious claims he is making up. Not cool making mommy sound negligent.

Quoting spooky415:

Part of me was just relieved DH was on the receiving end of it this time lol.

Quoting mlg1989:

-42-
by Platinum Member on May. 23, 2013 at 9:12 PM
Lol, you said anal.

LilliesValley
by on May. 23, 2013 at 9:13 PM

Nip it in the bud quick. I would have made him apologize or maybe you could have him write a letter of apology for misleading grandma. Lying must be met with swift consequences imo. Not sure going to bed early would cut it.

Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 on May. 23, 2013 at 9:14 PM
What happened to your husband's job?
spooky415
by Ruby Member on May. 23, 2013 at 9:17 PM
He was laid off in February. He got a job through a temp agency shortly after but the pay is TERRIBLE lol. And there's really no room for advancement. So he takes interviews whenever he can get them. Luckily, I was able to move up to full time, and then I also picked up another job. We're not making what we were before but we have stable income and can still afford all of our bills and didn't really have to use too much of our savings.

Quoting Anonymous:

What happened to your husband's job?
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Anastacia1988
by on May. 23, 2013 at 9:18 PM
I would be upset if my kid told someone they're were bugs in her room and I didn't feed her ... How is that anal?

Quoting -42-:

Lol, you said anal.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN