Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

Anyone ever struggled with money and life as a parent?

Anonymous
Posted by Anonymous
  • 40 Replies

Share your stories? I could use the feeling of not being alone. DD's father is not helping. I am supporting a baby off of minimum wage. Applied for FS. No car.. No home.. I feel like I am drowning and will never make it out. :(

Posted by Anonymous on May. 23, 2013 at 9:25 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
countrymum0710
by on May. 23, 2013 at 9:28 PM
You will make it out. You have to just keep pushing and accepting the help you do receive. As long as you are trying to help yourself there is no wrong in accepting it from others.

My hubby and I are struggling. Everyday bit we make it work.
Anonymous
by Anonymous on May. 23, 2013 at 9:28 PM

Yes Yes I do.  Its my own fault though and I will admit it.  I was too selfish before I had my son and bought just barely within my budget then ended up with my son and his father passed away so since we were not married the great state of AZ wouldn't let me put him on the birth certificate and his family won't let me have a DNA test done and I can't afford to have the courts make them give me one.  So no help at all from them. 

Anonymous
by Anonymous on May. 23, 2013 at 9:29 PM

Find yourself a military guy. You and baby will be taken care of.

Snowl
by Bronze Member on May. 23, 2013 at 9:30 PM

Hang in there! Do the best you can and things will eventually work out.

OwlNuggets
by HAIL NUGGY! on May. 23, 2013 at 9:31 PM

I got pregnant at 17,

Lived in the ghetto with my husband

Ate Ramen Noodle for I shit you not, 3 months straight

Our door was busted so to keep it closed we would put a coat rack in front of it.

We had one vehicle with a busted battery cable that meant the car could die at any second you were driving.

But eventually, everything improved one little thing at a time until one day we found ourselves in a nice suburban home, with nice new cars, my husband working an upperscale management job, and everything is OK.

Just hang in there.

Anonymous
by Anonymous on May. 23, 2013 at 9:33 PM

it will get better , my story is to long to tell , just never give up keep trying

big.city.mama
by Bronze Member on May. 23, 2013 at 9:34 PM
1 mom liked this
R u kidding me what kind of advice is that as a military spouse I find that trifiling and shameful.

Quoting Anonymous:

Anonymous
by Anonymous on May. 23, 2013 at 9:35 PM
Yes. I suffer that life daily. I have 2 kids, different dads. I have a retail job that pays minimum wage. I'm in university trying to get my degree while living with my parents. If I didn't live with them, I would have no home, no school, and likely no hope of a better life.
I can't promise it will get better, but it will never get better if you don't try.
Anonymous
by Anonymous on May. 23, 2013 at 9:35 PM

You may find it trifiling and shameful but is it also true?

Quoting big.city.mama:

R u kidding me what kind of advice is that as a military spouse I find that trifiling and shameful.

Quoting Anonymous:

Anonymous
by Anonymous on May. 23, 2013 at 9:36 PM
I am living it as well. You are not alone.
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)