Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

I Cried So Dang Hard!!!!!! *Pic In Replies*

Posted by on May. 23, 2013 at 10:44 PM
  • 16 Replies
2 moms liked this
My baby girl graduated 8th grade today.
*tears*

She wrote & delivered the class speech, while attemptimg to choke back tears herself. She failed at controlling her tears, but had an entire auditorium passing kleenex back & forth..... I'd say that it was a pretty successful speech. *more tears*

The teachers (K-8th grade) then sang a song to the graduates. I bawled my eyes out like a freekin baby. *tears* *tears* *tears*

It's a small parochial school, so there were only 7 graduates. They stood in a "receiving line" after service & graduation. My DD was the last student in line. I hugged each kid that I have known & watched grow over the past 7 years, & slowly made my way to DD......

She wrapped her arms around me & for the very first time in many years, she cried & genuinly thanked me. :*-)

I'm not sure what she was thanking me for? Maybe for the hours of homework help, as I swiftly realized that I hadn't remembered hardly anything as I attempted to help her each night..... Or for the few times I snuck "lady-products" into the school, so she wouldn't have an embarassing moment with her surprise AF?..... Could have been the 27 hrs of labor.... The 13+ years of blood, sweat, tears, & sacrifice...? O.o

Not sure what she was thankful for? But, I'd like to believe that for just ONE MOMENT of time, I was finally recignized for all I've done....

I mean, the moment is & was meant for HER! SHE is the one who graduated..... I just feel so special that she thought to thank ME.... <3 *sigh*

I think about the transitions that moms & their children make throughout the years.....

I remember (with my own mom) going from protected child & mama bear, to the phase of "leave me alone, I can do it myself".... To the teenage "leave me alone, I hate your face"..... To "holy shit!!! I'm a mom now, I gotta call my own mom & ask for advice".... To... "Hey mom... You're my best friend! Thanks for everything!" <3

Of course... IDK what "phases" come after THAT, since cancer found the need to remove her from my world far to early....

BUT, I have the opportunity now to see the other side of those phases with my own baby girl. <3

I'm just so damn proud. ^_^

My baby is growing up so fast.... She's beautiful, intelligent, emotional, stubborn, outspoken, & absolutely LIFE CHANGING! Just like her mama & grandma! ;)

So, to the ladies whom have already been through this "phase" of mother-hood...... What's next?

*braces myself* LOL!
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
by on May. 23, 2013 at 10:44 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
QueenAtargatis
by Gold Member on May. 23, 2013 at 10:46 PM
This is so very sweet! Mine are just little still, but I can't wait to see the new phases as they grow! =]
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
OompaLover6969
by on May. 23, 2013 at 10:50 PM
1 mom liked this

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
MsCherry10
by on May. 23, 2013 at 10:50 PM

hugging BUMP!

OompaLover6969
by on May. 23, 2013 at 10:51 PM
(Hugs) cherish them when they're small, mama! They grow to darn fast!!! ;)

Quoting QueenAtargatis:

This is so very sweet! Mine are just little still, but I can't wait to see the new phases as they grow! =]

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
OompaLover6969
by on May. 23, 2013 at 10:52 PM
(Hugs) right back atcha! ;)
Thank U! <3

Quoting MsCherry10:

hugging BUMP!

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
momof2boy2girl
by Valerie on May. 23, 2013 at 10:52 PM
Mine graduated pre-k and I was a big baby about it. I can only imagine when they are older. I am a crier. I cry about everything.
OompaLover6969
by on May. 23, 2013 at 10:53 PM
Bump!
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
beethann
by Platinum Member on May. 23, 2013 at 10:55 PM
No clue, but you made me cry!
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
OompaLover6969
by on May. 23, 2013 at 10:56 PM
LOL! Ohhh, I knowww.... My youngest DD had her last day of pre-K3 today too (@ 11am). The class sang for the parents, which got me all teary-eyed too. :/ I was a blubbering mess all dang day long. Lol!

Quoting momof2boy2girl:

Mine graduated pre-k and I was a big baby about it. I can only imagine when they are older. I am a crier. I cry about everything.

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
OompaLover6969
by on May. 23, 2013 at 11:00 PM
(Hugs tight) no worries, I'll be sure to update w/ the honest hurdles & struggles of HS teen-girl parenting as often as possible. YOu'll be prepared. ;)

Quoting beethann:

No clue, but you made me cry!

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN