Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

second year product regrets.

Anonymous
Posted by Anonymous
  • 26 Replies

So I'm currently writing an article about baby products that I regret buying for the 12 - 24 month age gap but Im having trouble getting past three things! I'm having a brain fart I guess.....

What are some things that you feel like you bought for your toddler that you regret or was just a waste of money?!

Posted by Anonymous on May. 23, 2013 at 11:57 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
OwlNuggets
by HAIL NUGGY! on May. 23, 2013 at 11:58 PM

a fancy stroller, expensive learning toys.

we would have saved money on a simple umbrella stroller with a hood, not to mention dealing with this bulky ass stroller now that she's outgrown it, and she never played with that Baby Einstein type shit.

photo anigif_enhanced-buzz-7782-1364935841-8.gif
bowribbonmama
by Ruby Member on May. 23, 2013 at 11:58 PM
Toddler bed
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
MommyTo5Boys
by Silver Member on May. 24, 2013 at 12:00 AM

A bike ...... what's the point of tiny little bikes when they can't even pedal.

LilySlim Weight loss tickers

illinoismommy83
by on May. 24, 2013 at 12:01 AM

Toddler bed. Tiny potty. Toys that said 24+ months but were boring by 14 months.

Kage336
by Silver Member on May. 24, 2013 at 12:04 AM
Bump for curiousity. DD turns 1 next month and I don't know what to get her.

So far, she hasn't liked her expensive Baby Einsteins jumpy seat. She preferred her $4 walker we got from a garage sale. Figures.
Annettey19
by Gold Member on May. 24, 2013 at 12:04 AM
Most if the "educational" toys with alphabet, numbers, animals, lights, etc. sucked. Blocks, balls, and cars are way better and he actually plays with them every day instead of just the five minutes after we take them out of the box.
Anonymous
by Anonymous on May. 24, 2013 at 12:06 AM
Training potty
Educational toys ( rarely ever played with them)
Annettey19
by Gold Member on May. 24, 2013 at 12:06 AM
My advice is to get the simplest, most old school toys you can find. Dolls, cars, blocks, push toys, that kind of thing. Its said that those teach kids to use their imaginations more and are better for them. I just know that's what my son actually has ended up enjoying. :)

Quoting Kage336:

So far, she hasn't liked her expensive Baby Einsteins jumpy seat. She preferred her $4 walker we got from a garage sale. Figures.
chickow
by on May. 24, 2013 at 12:07 AM

I think the Gerber toddler meals/snacks are crazy overpriced for some overcooked wheat pasta and mushy vegetables. 

Kage336
by Silver Member on May. 24, 2013 at 12:11 AM
Excellent, thank you! Makes sense, considering my daughter's favorite "toys" tend to be the box the actual toy came in or cups and spoons, or my phone.

Quoting Annettey19:

My advice is to get the simplest, most old school toys you can find. Dolls, cars, blocks, push toys, that kind of thing. Its said that those teach kids to use their imaginations more and are better for them. I just know that's what my son actually has ended up enjoying. :)

Quoting Kage336:

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Featured