Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

BF's mom is mad at me because my house isn't clean.

Anonymous
Posted by Anonymous
  • 29 Replies
I'm not going to lie and say my house is spotless. It's not. It's a mess most days. It's not dirty or grimy. There are just clothes and toys everywhere. We just moved in and we literally had nothing expect what we could fit in our car. We have a dresser but we really don't have the storage space we need. So it's messy.

I am working TWO jobs right now to support us. BF just got a job after us living here for 3 months. It's been me paying rent, bills, groceries, gas, everything.

You would think his mom would get on him for cleaning but no she blames me and says "it's obvious your just not the home maker type" yeah no shit. I couldn't be if I wanted to because I have to work two jobs to support your son and our daughter!

I'm sorry but when my days don't end until 11pm I am not trying to come home and put away the mess that BF and dd made all day.

I'm not mad at BF. It's frustrating that he doesn't clean like I would like but we are working on that. The state of our house should not be his mother's concern considering not once have we ever actually invited her over.

And honestly most days the living room isn't even bad. It's just our room because we make a mess when trying to find clothes to wear.

Vent over

Edit because I wanted to add that i think it's so funny she tries to coach me about being a home maker yet she doesn't have a job but her house is far from spotless. It smells like dog half the time and she constantly has random shit just laying out. And there are always dishes in her sink.
Posted by Anonymous on May. 24, 2013 at 12:04 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
TranquilMind
by Ruby Member on May. 24, 2013 at 12:06 AM
4 moms liked this

So why hasn't he been cleaning up?  He lives there.  Real men clean up after themselves, and have dinner waiting when the woman is working and he isn't.  She should be mad at HIM. 

Mommy2b2many
by on May. 24, 2013 at 12:06 AM

Yah... I would not be okay with her thinking she can critique my house like that! Or with my BF not helping aroung the house; does he work too?

quinnsmom715
by Ruby Member on May. 24, 2013 at 12:07 AM
1 mom liked this

well,bf needs to grow a pair and tell mom its none of her business.then get off his lazy ass and clean!!

OwlNuggets
by HAIL NUGGY! on May. 24, 2013 at 12:08 AM
1 mom liked this

Tell your BF to grow the fuck up and act more responsible.

zoegirlsmom
by Ruby Member on May. 24, 2013 at 12:09 AM
1 mom liked this
Tell her to hire you a housekeeper.
Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on May. 24, 2013 at 12:10 AM
I agree and he's getting better at it. It's just taken us all some time to adjust. This is the first time both of us have lived by ourselves- no roommates or parents or family members. But yea I don't get why he is some how exempt from cleaning. I told her when he gets 2 jobs ill do most of the cleaning but until then...

Quoting TranquilMind:

So why hasn't he been cleaning up?  He lives there.  Real men clean up after themselves, and have dinner waiting when the woman is working and he isn't.  She should be mad at HIM. 

FrozenReesesCup
by on May. 24, 2013 at 12:11 AM
1 mom liked this
If you need furniture, go on the free seen of craigslist.

Tell her to grab Mr clean and come clean your place since it bothers her so damn much.
waffa
by on May. 24, 2013 at 12:11 AM

Kettle meet pot? is 1st thing that comes to mind...and tell that lazy-ass bf to help or be gone!

Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on May. 24, 2013 at 12:12 AM
He just recently got a job but its in construction so he doesn't even work some days. Like today it rained all day so he was home.

Quoting Mommy2b2many:

Yah... I would not be okay with her thinking she can critique my house like that! Or with my BF not helping aroung the house; does he work too?

FrozenReesesCup
by on May. 24, 2013 at 12:12 AM

Her house isn't perfectly clean?
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)