Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

He Doesn't Tell Me I'm Pretty

Anonymous
Posted by Anonymous
  • 56 Replies

I know my man loves me. He shows me  Every Single Day. I tell him he is sexy all of the time, sometimes he says "No" and just doesn't accept it, other times he says "Thanks Babe" But he never tells me I am pretty. I have to force him to say it, and then of course it doesn't seem real. Here's an example: The other night he had been drinking a little (His day off, I was working) When I got home we talked as usual and a little later he said "You looked really cute when you came to see me at work yesterday" I told him thanks and everything. But it made me feel bad. He has to drink to say I'm pretty? The next day I asked why he didn't say it that day, and waited until he was drunk, he just said "I don't know, I just don't say things" -_- Sometimes (like the day he was refering to) I wear outfits I know he likes on me (Daisy Dukes, ect) just so he'll say I look nice, and *cricket cricket* NOTHING. I don't feel like I'm super attractive either, but still. Of all people I expect the man I love to tell me I look good! Is there anything I can maybe do for him to start telling me what he (hopefully) feels? I have talked to him already, he knows I want him to say it. Every time I call him sexy, or handsome I pause for him to say something nice to me. Hardly ever happens. :( Help!  

Posted by Anonymous on May. 24, 2013 at 12:26 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
lesliemck86
by on May. 24, 2013 at 8:00 PM
1 mom liked this

Men are supposed to do that...? Lol they aren't good with that for the most part. I am not gonna brag about anything like some women, men just don't do that....some men might because they are really kissing ass. I won't sugar coat....you might not get compliments from him unless you crack open a beer lol

brandydesiree
by Platinum Member on May. 24, 2013 at 8:00 PM
I'm sorry, I've never had that problem. My DH calls me sexy or beautiful practically everyday.

Does he treat you like he thinks you're beautiful? Does he check you out? Grab your ass? Stare at your chest?

My DH only tells me I'm cute when I'm wearing my angry bird footie.
Anonymous
by Anonymous 2 on May. 24, 2013 at 8:01 PM
Do not let your happiness rest on other people.

Besides, you are worth so much more than your beauty.
BEXi
by BEXi on May. 24, 2013 at 8:01 PM

Guys dont know how to express their feelings well. Alcohol is "truth serum" afterall.

Kimmiky
by on May. 24, 2013 at 8:02 PM
Beauty is in the eye of the beholder
ElitestJen
by Ruby Member on May. 24, 2013 at 8:03 PM
Lol so, you're giving compliments so you'll get them?

And no, there's nothing you can do to force him to compliment you if he doesn't want to.
Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on May. 24, 2013 at 8:04 PM

he touches my butt. A lot actually. Haha, and our sex life is phenomenal. But it'd be nice to know he thought I looked good, ya know? I'm the first white girl he's ever dated (he is white but into "Latina" women) and so every time we walk past a hispanic lady, I feel terrible. Like he's checking her out and not me. It may be dumb, but I can't help it...

Quoting brandydesiree:

I'm sorry, I've never had that problem. My DH calls me sexy or beautiful practically everyday.

Does he treat you like he thinks you're beautiful? Does he check you out? Grab your ass? Stare at your chest?

Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on May. 24, 2013 at 8:06 PM

That's what he says too, but I'd at least like him to return the compliment when I say he's handsome! and I agree about the alchy. haha! 

Quoting BEXi:

Guys dont know how to express their feelings well. Alcohol is "truth serum" afterall.

ummcarter
by on May. 24, 2013 at 8:06 PM

It sounds like you feel unattractive and would like verbal validation. Tell him, I feel unattractive and would like verbal validation that I am pretty. This is really imprtant to me. Do you understand what I am asking for? 

brandydesiree
by Platinum Member on May. 24, 2013 at 8:06 PM
Some men just aren't vocal about it. If he's paying attention to your body, he thinks your hot.

Try not to let it get to you, or just ask him, ' hey babe, like my outfit?' Open the door for him to compliment you.

Quoting Anonymous:

he touches my butt. A lot actually. Haha, and our sex life is phenomenal. But it'd be nice to know he thought I looked good, ya know? I'm the first white girl he's ever dated (he is white but into "Latina" women) and so every time we walk past a hispanic lady, I feel terrible. Like he's checking her out and not me. It may be dumb, but I can't help it...

Quoting brandydesiree:

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)