Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Is this normal, or am I nuts? (possible trigger)

Posted by on May. 24, 2013 at 12:58 AM
  • 7 Replies

In 2011 I had an early miscarriage. I was crushed. I loved and wanted that baby so much. 13 months later I found out I was pregnant with my 2nd DS. Pregnancy went fine and now I have a beautiful almost 3 month old little boy. But sometimes I think about the baby I lost and I am stricken with great sadness. The pain of loosing that baby comes flooding back. It will be 2 years in July since I lost the baby. Is it normal to still feel that kind of pain when I think about the miscarriage? I try not to think about it much since it does upset me, but sometimes it just sneaks up on me. So what do you think?

CafeMom Tickers

CafeMom Tickers
by on May. 24, 2013 at 12:58 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-7):
Pushthruthepain
by on May. 24, 2013 at 1:00 AM
I had a miscarriage 8 years ago and I've just been able to not cry on the anniversary.Don't be too hard on yourself.
BekahBrownEyes
by on May. 24, 2013 at 1:01 AM
I think some counseling would be very beneficial to your heart and mind. Flashbacks with emotional response is normal, even 2 years later. I'm sorry you went through such a loss. Congratulations on your healthy baby!
Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 on May. 24, 2013 at 1:01 AM
Very normal. I lost my first baby many years ago and still cry from time to time. Time has made it easier though.
I am pregnant now with my third. It was twins but I lost twin b at fourteen weeks and have been having a horrible time.
tarakay0417
by on May. 24, 2013 at 1:06 AM

Quoting BekahBrownEyes:

I think some counseling would be very beneficial to your heart and mind. Flashbacks with emotional response is normal, even 2 years later. I'm sorry you went through such a loss. Congratulations on your healthy baby!

I may look into some counseling. If nothing else, it will let me get all of my feelings off my chest. Thank you.

tarakay0417
by on May. 24, 2013 at 1:06 AM

Quoting Anonymous:

Very normal. I lost my first baby many years ago and still cry from time to time. Time has made it easier though.
I am pregnant now with my third. It was twins but I lost twin b at fourteen weeks and have been having a horrible time.

I am very sorry for your losses. Congrats on your pregnancy!

Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 on May. 24, 2013 at 1:08 AM
Thank you.

Quoting tarakay0417:

Quoting Anonymous:

I am very sorry for your losses. Congrats on your pregnancy!

BekahBrownEyes
by on May. 24, 2013 at 1:14 AM
1 mom liked this
You're Welcome. You might even find a support group might help, but that can take time to reach that step. Group settings can be difficult to sit through, but its also beneficial to know you aren't alone and you don't have to go through it alone. Good luck, I have no doubt your strength will pull you through the healing process.

Quoting tarakay0417:

Quoting BekahBrownEyes:

I may look into some counseling. If nothing else, it will let me get all of my feelings off my chest. Thank you.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)