Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Did you cry?

Posted by on May. 24, 2013 at 1:14 AM
  • 34 Replies
Did you cry at your rehearsal/rehearsal dinner?

I'm not usually a cryer. Our rehearsal dinner is tomorrow night and just reading through the ceremony to myself made me start tearing up :P.

Which got me thinking.. I can't be the only one. Lol

Did you cry at your rehearsal ?
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
by on May. 24, 2013 at 1:14 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
OwlNuggets
by HAIL NUGGY! on May. 24, 2013 at 1:16 AM

we didn't have a rehearsal at all.
I did cry at the altar.

lenashark
by Emerald Member on May. 24, 2013 at 1:17 AM

I didn't have a rehearsal. My husband and I grabbed some people and showed up at the church and asked the priest to marry us, she said sure, and we took our vows. We aren't actually legally married, but a piece of paper isn't what marriage means to us. Yes, I cried. 

IandLoveandYou
by Penny Lane on May. 24, 2013 at 1:17 AM
Beautiful dress, I love your flower :)

I wasn't sure if I'd cry during the ceremony.. But now I'm pretty sure I will lol.

Quoting OwlNuggets:

I did cry at the altar.

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Mweddle
by on May. 24, 2013 at 1:18 AM
1 mom liked this

no and I didn't cry at the wedding either.  :)  I do tear up when I watch the video.

OwlNuggets
by HAIL NUGGY! on May. 24, 2013 at 1:19 AM

Thanks!!!!!!
I was totally fine until my dad poked his head around the corner and asked if I was ready....then I started shaking and my lip started trembling and seeing my husband give me such a warm and loving smile made me burst into happy tears. 

Quoting IandLoveandYou:

I wasn't sure if I'd cry during the ceremony.. But now I'm pretty sure I will lol.

Quoting OwlNuggets:

I did cry at the altar.

photo anigif_enhanced-buzz-7782-1364935841-8.gif
MonkeyPeanut79
by on May. 24, 2013 at 1:21 AM
1 mom liked this

Yep. I'm a cryer anyway though lol

layawatling
by on May. 24, 2013 at 1:24 AM
I didn't cry at all and I thought I would have because I cry like a baby at other weddings. It was totally different for my own. I kind of briefed everyone ahead of time though and told everyone not to cry or else the chain reaction would start lmao. Gotta preserve my makeup. I cried at our reception dinner when my dad said a speech though.
desperatelyTTC
by on May. 24, 2013 at 1:25 AM

Yes I did :)

alleycat_2
by on May. 24, 2013 at 1:25 AM
1 mom liked this
I cried when we got married at city hall by ourselves.. I surprised muself because it came out of no where. The judge told me to stop because I wasn't making him emotional as well lol. And I cried during our ceremony when my dad walked me down the aisle. Out of all his kids, I was the only one he has ever walked down the aisle. He cried I cried. Huge cry fest. My mom cries for everything so i didn't let her near me at all that day until it was time to walk down the aisle.
IandLoveandYou
by Penny Lane on May. 24, 2013 at 1:26 AM
1 mom liked this
Ugh, that's so sweet.

My grandpa is the officiant at our wedding.. He was the officiant at my parents' wedding as well. My mom said that she was listening to him read and following along in the bible he was holding and she saw tears fall on the paper and she looked up and he was crying and she lost it and started crying and my dad started crying.

That story made me tear up and yours did too!

I'm usually very calm and cool and figured I would be on our wedding day too.. But now that the day is so close all the butterflies and overwhelming happiness and mushy stuff is really hitting me.

Quoting OwlNuggets:

Thanks!!!!!!
I was totally fine until my dad poked his head around the corner and asked if I was ready....then I started shaking and my lip started trembling and seeing my husband give me such a warm and loving smile made me burst into happy tears. 

Quoting IandLoveandYou:

Quoting OwlNuggets:

I did cry at the altar.

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)