Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

experts on bug bites help!!

Posted by on May. 24, 2013 at 1:40 AM
  • 12 Replies
 But my dd has a bug bite on her arm and it's red, swollen, hot to the touch, and hard.  It's around 2 inches in diameter and the center is about an inch around and that's the hard part.  I don't want to do my normal freak out, run to the doctor and panic, but I don't want to just sit here and do nothing.  She isn't running a fever, she is as calm as normal.  Her tummy doesn't hurt, she's not light headed, there's no puss, there would be no reason to call the doctor except that her arm is swollen and it's hot and hard.  I do have a tendency to panic over nothing, or at least that's what my husband says...I like to see it as being cautious, maybe overly, but cautious none the less.When would your worry? I am not looking up anything online because then we would be in the nearest ER with some wierd ailment ;-)
by on May. 24, 2013 at 1:40 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
TxMom2324
by on May. 24, 2013 at 1:42 AM

Mobile Photo

The first circle is the hard part, its around 1 inch, the second circle is how far out the redness goes.
MichelleJ1000
by Silver Member on May. 24, 2013 at 1:46 AM
I don't know what bit her but it most likely was a spider and she is having an allergic reaction. My middle child went through this a lot. If the redness starts spreading outside the ink marks you should take her into the ER.
SissyAnn141
by Platinum Member on May. 24, 2013 at 1:46 AM

Do you have 1 of those BLUE ice packs.

If she will let you, do that, IF not done in next 10 mins to much time has went by.

Is she still okay, still just 1 bump ?

TxMom2324
by on May. 24, 2013 at 1:49 AM
Thats why i put them there :-) i just dont want to blow thos out of proportion you know? I drew them on their a few hours ago and it hasn't spread, thank God!

Quoting MichelleJ1000:

I don't know what bit her but it most likely was a spider and she is having an allergic reaction. My middle child went through this a lot. If the redness starts spreading outside the ink marks you should take her into the ER.
SissyAnn141
by Platinum Member on May. 24, 2013 at 1:50 AM

Quoting MichelleJ1000:

I agree, anyone with at-least 3 kids or more... "I TRUST".

They have seen and have done it all .....group hug

"Clickable to group"

TxMom2324
by on May. 24, 2013 at 1:51 AM
I tied an ice compress on her arm to cool it off, there is only one hole and that's why im not thinking spider. She said it doean't hurt, just iychea. I gave her benedryl and it stopped itching.

Quoting SissyAnn141:

Do you have 1 of those BLUE ice packs.

If she will let you, do that, IF not done in next 10 mins to much time has went by.

Is she still okay, still just 1 bump ?

mommiedearest22
by Silver Member on May. 24, 2013 at 1:52 AM

Circle the area and make sure it doesn't get any larger... If it does TAKE HER IN! If you're sure its a buggy bite, put some toothpaste on it and it should go away :)

MichelleJ1000
by Silver Member on May. 24, 2013 at 1:54 AM
Always better to be safe than sorry. Also keep an eye out for any red lines going up her arm because that is blood poisoning. Not trying to scare you just want you to be aware.

Quoting TxMom2324:

Thats why i put them there :-) i just dont want to blow thos out of proportion you know? I drew them on their a few hours ago and it hasn't spread, thank God!

Quoting MichelleJ1000:

TxMom2324
by on May. 24, 2013 at 1:58 AM
I know and that's my problem, I keep telling myself, she is fine, but what if....many unneeded trips to the doctor because of that lol, but I am a worry wort.

Quoting MichelleJ1000:

Always better to be safe than sorry. Also keep an eye out for any red lines going up her arm because that is blood poisoning. Not trying to scare you just want you to be aware.

Quoting TxMom2324:

Quoting MichelleJ1000:

TxMom2324
by on May. 24, 2013 at 1:59 AM
And the red lines will go up correct?

Quoting MichelleJ1000:

Quoting TxMom2324:

Quoting MichelleJ1000:

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)