Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Will gay people finally get into heaven?

Anonymous
Posted by Anonymous
  • 8 Replies

Since gay marrages, gays in the military and now gays in the boy's scouts I just wanted to open up a debate on what the bible truly means when it talks about gay people. So here it gose:

Will Homosexuals Inherit the Kingdom of God?

One of the most greatly debated scriptures regarding homosexuality is 1 Corinthians 6:9-10:

1 Corinthians 6:9-10 - "Do you not know that the wicked will not inherit the kingdom of God? Do not be deceived: Neither the sexually immoral nor idolaters nor adulterers nor male prostitutes nor homosexual offenders nor thieves nor the greedy nor drunkards nor slanderers nor swindlers will inherit the kingdom of God." (NIV).

While the scripture may sound clear, the debate actually surrounds the use of the Greek word that this particular version of the Bible translates as "homosexual offenders." The term is "arsenokoite." Some say that it is a reference to male prostitutes rather than to two committed homosexuals. Yet, others argue that Paul, who wrote the passage, would not have repeated "male prostitutes" twice. Even others argue that the two root words in arsenokoite are the same terms used to prohibit any premarital or extramarital sexual relations, so they may not refer to homosexual relations alone.

However, even if a person believes that homosexuality is a sin based upon this scripture, the next verse does say that homosexuals can inherit the kingdom if they come to the Lord, Jesus Christ.

1 Corinthians 6:11 - "And that is what some of you were. But you were washed, you were sanctified, you were justified in the name of the Lord Jesus Christ and by the Spirit of our God." (NIV)

What About Sodom and Gomorrah?

In Genesis 19 God destroys Sodom and Gomorrah due to the extensive amount of sin and debauchery going on in the city. Some add homosexuality in with the sins being committed. Others say that it was not just blanket homosexuality being condemned but homosexual rape, meaning it is different from homosexual behavior in loving relationships.

What are your thoughts?

Posted by Anonymous on May. 24, 2013 at 2:38 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-8):
BraydensMama163
by Ruby Member on May. 24, 2013 at 2:42 AM
1 mom liked this
Way I see it I believe in god. I love him. He is kind and loving, good and just. I believe god believes in me and loves me. I believe since he is such a good god and he is all loving he also loves and believes in my gay brother who loves and believes in god.

I believe in the bible but I believe it was written by man, not God and therefore can't be.fully trusted to be truth.
Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on May. 24, 2013 at 2:49 AM

bump for name change

Anonymous
by Anonymous 2 on May. 24, 2013 at 2:50 AM
Are you JW?
Anonymous
by Anonymous 3 on May. 24, 2013 at 2:54 AM

UGHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH

God will let anyone into the kingdom if they repent and believe in him... At least thats what bible thumpers, bash my head with... Then again most of those hate gays so IDK...

Anonymous
by Anonymous 4 on May. 24, 2013 at 2:54 AM
Can't speculate. That's between them and God. I have my opinions but they don't mean anything really.
Anonymous
by Anonymous 5 on May. 24, 2013 at 3:01 AM
It's between an individual and God. Even a man (woman) on their death bed can accept Jesus into their heart. No one knows outside of themselves, where anyone is going. Even some who say they are saved can be lying. No man can be saved by works alone, and one sin is as equal to the rest.
CarolinaGirl88
by on May. 24, 2013 at 3:13 AM
2 moms liked this

My thoughts, and this should go without saying but I'm not intending to offend anyone with this, is that the Bible is just a book written by people, translated through thousands of years and multiple languages and cultures having their own input on it. I believe that when we die, we get peace regardless of who we are or what we've done. If God is really up there judging what each individual person does on this Earth, then he's going to judge us by what's really in our hearts. I can't imagine He would forbid a kind gay men from peace in death, and yet allow a cruel straight man that same luxury, simply based on their sexual preference.

SJG1013
by SJG on May. 24, 2013 at 3:15 AM

Mobile Photo

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)