Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

does anyone else have a *burden* disabled child

Posted by on May. 24, 2013 at 7:49 AM
  • 256 Replies

here is me and mine! and she is far from a burden. she won't burden your tax dollars like that asshat anon said. she comes with one heck of a savings account, me and dad have done well ;)

ugh what a pain she is smh

weddingcountdown.com

by on May. 24, 2013 at 7:49 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
paigesmommy5264
by Silver Member on May. 24, 2013 at 7:51 AM
1 mom liked this
Mine isn't a burden, her stupid brain tumor is though! and Yes she has insurance through the state.. well through SSI.
justpeachy71904
by peachy on May. 24, 2013 at 7:54 AM
1 mom liked this

any pictures... that anon had me shaking omg! i had to step away. whew! call disabled kids a burden! 

Quoting paigesmommy5264:

Mine isn't a burden, her stupid brain tumor is though! and Yes she has insurance through the state.. well through SSI.

weddingcountdown.com

Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 on May. 24, 2013 at 7:54 AM
I have 3 and I wouldn't trade them for anything in the world
buttercup627
by Platinum Member on May. 24, 2013 at 7:58 AM
Pretty girl :) idk what burden disabled means
paigesmommy5264
by Silver Member on May. 24, 2013 at 7:58 AM
8 moms liked this

Here she is :)
paigesmommy5264
by Silver Member on May. 24, 2013 at 8:00 AM
We know they're a blessing.. I pray anon never has a disabled child.. that poor child would probably have a horrible life with that horrible person.

Quoting justpeachy71904:

any pictures... that anon had me shaking omg! i had to step away. whew! call disabled kids a burden! 

Quoting paigesmommy5264:

Cassidysmom611
by Gold Member on May. 24, 2013 at 8:01 AM
2 moms liked this

I have on disabled DD who does not get any help other than state insurance as a secondary to cover threapies, meds are primary doesn't cover. She is in no way a burden.

GleekingOut
by Platinum Member on May. 24, 2013 at 8:05 AM
6 moms liked this

Yeah, cause you know, you can predict while pregnant that your child will have a handful of disabilities that put together (as mild as they all are) will make for a very anxious wound up girl who probably won't ever be able to live without me in the same state and just abort said child. SMH. >.> Yes I am aware that my DD is currently a tax burden. But while she is being a tax burden, she is looking for work, volunteering, studying, attending counselling, and working towards being more independant each day. I get told that I need to make an anon tip on my daughter and get her money cancelled, I've been told I need to make an anon tip and get my daughter's teaching qualifications taken away from her. She is a bloody fantastic teacher. Her kids love her to death and she knows exactly how to handle each of them even WITH aspergers. You put her in a room full of children and within 2 days she'll be able to figure out the entire room and which children work together, which children don't; who you believe when they come crying to you and who you send back to think about the truth. I'm really sick of people telling me that I should have never let my daughter study teaching. She's 21! there's nothing I can do about it - she pays for the damn course and she's damn good at it. :)

Anonymous
by Anonymous 2 on May. 24, 2013 at 8:11 AM
2 moms liked this

If you work than your tax dollars goes into the system regardless if you want it to or not...and the money you need is yours....

So if you need it for your ill child you will do whatever it takes.That is what dissability benefits are there for.

People who need proper care for their dissabled child should recieve this help if needed.We do not need the guilt or lecture.Some dissablities happen later in life like mental illnesses or trauma from an accident....and arent prepared for this.

Yet I am very happy you have a savings for your daughter.She is a beautiful little girl and I am glad you are happy.

gypsy_rose
by Kandy on May. 24, 2013 at 8:15 AM
1 mom liked this

Mobile Photo

Here is one. Learning disabled and epileptic. His name is Xzavier he is 8.
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)