Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Are you uninsured?

Anonymous
Posted by Anonymous
  • 52 Replies
1 mom liked this
Dd hasn't had insurance in almost a year, i haven't had any for a few months. Dds dad is supposed to carry ins on her, but he got fired. I needed his cobra letter and stuff to put her on ny ins at work and he didn't give it to me in time. I had 30 days, after nagging and nagging and throwing one massive fit and finally threatening to not let him see dd, he brought me the letter one day 45, my ins wouldn't let me add her at that point. I switched jobs and now have to wait 180 days for ins. I make too much to put dd on state ins. Our state has a buy in plan, but they arent letting anyone new who isnt pregnant on right now. I've looked into private... 500$ a month with a 10,000$ deductible and doesnt cover shit. It's just so frustrating....
Posted by Anonymous on May. 24, 2013 at 8:03 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on May. 24, 2013 at 8:07 AM
Bump
Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on May. 24, 2013 at 8:10 AM
Bump
Anonymous
by Anonymous 2 on May. 24, 2013 at 8:12 AM

No insurance here. To poor to afford it but not poor enough for state insurance. We have to go to the free clinics.

Anonymous
by Anonymous 3 on May. 24, 2013 at 8:13 AM
Yes, we all have insurance. It's through my husbands work.
Anonymous
by Anonymous 4 on May. 24, 2013 at 8:13 AM
Wow, we have blue cross blue shield and it's only a little over 500 a month for our family of five! The deductibles and co-pays aren't bad either.
Anonymous
by Anonymous 5 on May. 24, 2013 at 8:14 AM
I'm on my parents insurance for a few more years but my dh hasn't had insurance in at least 6 years now. Thankfully he just got a new job though an insurance kicks in in 60 days
Anonymous
by Anonymous 6 on May. 24, 2013 at 8:16 AM
My husband has his through work, but too expensive to put me on it. I have dental and vision cause its cheap. My kids all get it through the state thankfully at this point.
Kenre
by Ruby Member on May. 24, 2013 at 8:16 AM
I have it through my job.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
destiny2nv
by on May. 24, 2013 at 8:18 AM
Same here :(
Ds has Medicaid
Dh has health insurance but not me. I pay cash for low cost services. It sucks!

Quoting Anonymous:

No insurance here. To poor to afford it but not poor enough for state insurance. We have to go to the free clinics.

thenameshailie
by Emerald Member on May. 24, 2013 at 8:18 AM

We dont. We have enough in savings for doctors appointments and any medicines that we have needed but we would be screwed if something major happened.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)