Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

for the christians... vent

Anonymous
Posted by Anonymous
  • 169 Replies
1 mom liked this
I have been reading certain posts and exchanges between christians and pagans. I just want to say to the christians, who do you think you are? You are not god. According to YOUR bible, you have NO right to pass judgment on ANYONE.

What is it with all the damn negativity towards pagans?

What is so fucking evil about worshiping a Goddess? Or nature?

Do trees and wildlife and pretty flowers scare you so much, that those who love and care for earth and nature are deemed as evil? Or lost? Or demonic? ect.

What about muslims, jews, buddists, hindus, ect, are they evil or in need of salvation because their beliefs are not exactly like yours either? Are they going to hell too because they are not saved by christ?

Learn to love and accept others as they are. We are all humans. Religion should not define someone. I have met many "christian" people in my life who were undercover whores, drug users, spouse abusers, and the list goes on.

Bottom line, leave the pagans alone. Let us worship the goddess and the earth and nature as we see fit.
Posted by Anonymous on May. 24, 2013 at 8:08 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
thenameshailie
by Emerald Member on May. 24, 2013 at 8:10 AM
2 moms liked this

Im a Christian. I love plants, and flowers, and all parts of nature.

Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on May. 24, 2013 at 8:13 AM
Bump!
Anonymous
by Anonymous 3 on Nov. 15, 2017 at 11:24 PM
I don't follow any organized religion.
I'm sorry you feel picked on by the Christians.
nanny1918
by Platinum Member on Nov. 15, 2017 at 11:33 PM
7 moms liked this
I'm a Christian. I don't pass judgement on others. My best friend for 25 years was an atheist. We never once butted heads on religion.
I like flowers, wildlife and the earth.
I'm sorry some Christians were rude to you but please understand they don't speak for all of us !!!
Dzyre1115
by Desiree` on Nov. 15, 2017 at 11:34 PM
1 mom liked this
Provide links.....
Anonymous
by Anonymous 4 on Nov. 15, 2017 at 11:36 PM

I believe God created everything trees, stars, clouds, people so why would I worship the thing that was created instead of the creator.  It would be the same as (kind of the same) your SO kissing your picture instead of kissing you.  

Christians are told to judge. we need to judge good from from, good friends, for ourselves as well as our kids, what school to put them, judge teachers and work. It is what we do with that judgement that counts. If I judge someone because of how they look on the outside that is wrong because God sees the heart. 

I judged someone that came to my church. He came alone even though he had a wife. He asked for my son to go to his house to ride horses on a trail that doesn't go to the road. My stomach just did not feel right about it. He was not asking for my other kids to go (even though all the other kids love riding horses and this son liked it the least.) He did not say I could come and go with them. I asked around in the church and no one seemed to really know him. I asked a friend who is his neighbor and she did not really know much about him either. I never did let my son go to his house.  I judged the guy to protect my son. Very few people gets my stomach to turn like he did. We did let my son sit by him in church he was just never allowed to go to his house.

Valentina327
by on Nov. 15, 2017 at 11:49 PM
1 mom liked this
I'm a Christian and I read the same passage as you - judge not lest ye be judged. I find it quite upsetting when Christians are judgemental, because that goes against the loving spirit of how I've always interpreted what I've learned about Christ.

If we're Christian, we believe that God created everything - the earth, air, fire, water, the herbs and stones that are used by some pagans for healing, the people doing these things, the homosexuals ... Everything and every one.

I don't believe that God makes mistakes, and who am I to try to get into an argument with Him to tell him he does...no thank you!

My sister and I are a little bit into Wicca...it's got a lot of good aspects.

If the Christians think about it there are many similarities:

Christians say prayers
Wiccans have spells
The point of both is to concentrate on your intentions

Christians celebrate the mysteries and drink wine to symbolize the blood of Christ
Wiccans use herbs/oils/candles to symbolize a certain action or thing

It's not all that different at all.

If God didn't want us to use the gifts he put on the earth, he wouldn't have given them to us.

I'll get off my soap box now :)
Valentina327
by on Nov. 15, 2017 at 11:51 PM
1 mom liked this
That's the gift of discernment. Very different from being judgemental.

Quoting Anonymous 4:

I believe God created everything trees, stars, clouds, people so why would I worship the thing that was created instead of the creator.  It would be the same as (kind of the same) your SO kissing your picture instead of kissing you.  

Christians are told to judge. we need to judge good from from, good friends, for ourselves as well as our kids, what school to put them, judge teachers and work. It is what we do with that judgement that counts. If I judge someone because of how they look on the outside that is wrong because God sees the heart. 

I judged someone that came to my church. He came alone even though he had a wife. He asked for my son to go to his house to ride horses on a trail that doesn't go to the road. My stomach just did not feel right about it. He was not asking for my other kids to go (even though all the other kids love riding horses and this son liked it the least.) He did not say I could come and go with them. I asked around in the church and no one seemed to really know him. I asked a friend who is his neighbor and she did not really know much about him either. I never did let my son go to his house.  I judged the guy to protect my son. Very few people gets my stomach to turn like he did. We did let my son sit by him in church he was just never allowed to go to his house.

momto2boys973
by Sapphire Member on Nov. 15, 2017 at 11:53 PM
1 mom liked this
I’ve only had one Christian fanatic here telling me I’m going to hell for being Jewish. According to her that makes me filthy and a child of Satan, lol. But she’s infamous for her bigotry.
To be honest, I’ve been more attacked by Atheists here than by Christians. Those can get really nasty.
brettsmomma
by ~Tammie~ on Nov. 15, 2017 at 11:56 PM
2 moms liked this

Not all Christians are like that. I feel i am a christian , a true believer of the New testament. I try to live those words everyday. One main Idea I personally got from it is to be kind, loving and accepting of everyone. We all have our spiritual path to walk. I don't look down on anyone's beliefs. I  do feel my religion defines who I am because how I act and present myself comes directly from the way I understand the bible. Don't allow a few trolls  give you a clear idea of Christianity. 

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)