Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Did you cry or get emotional when you found out the sex of your baby?

Anonymous
Posted by Anonymous
  • 67 Replies

My mother in law pissed me off so bad! I've had 2 miscarriages and the first one I swore was a boy. Lost it and my next pregnancy was a boy. Miscarried what I though was my girl. So my next pregnancy I really felt like I missed my girl and was so sure that I was expecting another boy.

Well my mother in law went with us to the ultrasound and I bawled when they said it was a GIRL! I was in shock! The bitch had the nerve to ask me if I was crying because I really wanted a boy! I mean REALLY!?

I'm sorry her daughter mindlessly had 7 pregnancies, not giving a shit if she couldn't afford them or if she even knew for sure who they belonged to. But we were together for 12yrs at the time we were expecting our girl and dealt with enough pain in our losses that our born children are 7 years apart.

So I'm sooo sorry if I got emotional! My god! My bouncing baby girl is 10 months now and my mother in law still talks about this. It hurts like no other for her to even incinuate I wasn't happy with what I got. It's what I thought I lost and would never get back again. In my mind it was the impossible.

Posted by Anonymous on May. 24, 2013 at 8:19 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
mysticalmalissa
by Platinum Member on May. 24, 2013 at 8:22 AM

I was ecstatic when I found out I was having a boy, I won a $500 bet! LOL

Sorry you have to deal with somthing like that.

reaandiziesmama
by Platinum Member on May. 24, 2013 at 8:24 AM

I did with my dd because I thought her dad was mad at me for it lol. He had said he never wanted a girl, but told me as I was crying he only said that because he new he was gonna be a big woosy when it came to her, and he is lol.

With my youngest I almost cried when they said girl, I didn't want another girl. Then he rolled over and they said "oops that was butt" and I was all better.

I am sorry your MIL is a douchecanoe and congrats on the baby girl.

Bauxite-17
by on May. 24, 2013 at 8:24 AM

I knew what I was having, and I didn't get emotional, but I was not in the same situation as you, which if I was, I would have probably cried to.

Your mil sounds like she has a bitchy side...she'll probably later mention it to your dd that you didn't want a girl, and that you cried when you found out you were having a girl...I'd be careful with that bit, because it could go sour real quick if your dd thinks you wanted a boy instead of her.

mamakat070812
by Silver Member on May. 24, 2013 at 8:26 AM
I cried because I was really expecting to be having a girl but mostly because finding out i was having a boy made it feel real and i felt more connected. It was very emotional. I found out in 3D too so i got to see his face for the first time.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Anonymous
by Anonymous on May. 24, 2013 at 8:27 AM

Yes I got emotional. My mom and my boyfriend at the time (sons dad) was back in the room when they told us and I think we all got emotional. My mom did because she was finally going to have a grandson (7 grand daughters in the family) and boyfriend because of the fact he gets to tough him up (his words) and I was emotional because I was just excited. I had heard boys were easier and I didn't wanna deal with all the girly drama as she grows up. I would have loved to have a girl though so I could have dressed her up in pink and all the frilly stuff but I'm so glad to have a boy because he's into all the stuff that I loved growing up (race cars, motorcycles, dirt bikes, fourwheelers, etc) I wasn't a girly girl but I was into some girly stuff

mom2the.rescue
by Gold Member on May. 24, 2013 at 8:29 AM

I teared up at each of the ultrasounds...and I would have never in a million years brought MIL

Anonymous
by Anonymous on May. 24, 2013 at 8:31 AM
I tried to cry but I wasn't overly emotional to do it... I was happy, but just couldn't cry... I laughed and smiled... I might cry if I get my girl.
Raeann11
by Ruby Member on May. 24, 2013 at 8:31 AM
Yes I cried the day the were all born and found out their sex and what name we got to use.
happykitty316
by Gold Member on May. 24, 2013 at 8:32 AM

I had had a miscarriage and a failed adoption of a much wanted little girl when I found out about our son. I cried like a baby, not because he was a boy but because I finally had the child I had waited so long for.  Sorry your MIL was so mean.

Anonymous
by Anonymous - Original Poster on May. 24, 2013 at 8:33 AM

Quoting Bauxite-17:

I knew what I was having, and I didn't get emotional, but I was not in the same situation as you, which if I was, I would have probably cried to.

Your mil sounds like she has a bitchy side...she'll probably later mention it to your dd that you didn't want a girl, and that you cried when you found out you were having a girl...I'd be careful with that bit, because it could go sour real quick if your dd thinks you wanted a boy instead of her.

That has crossed my mind. She don't have a bitchy side. She has a f-ing stupid side of her where she thinks whatever she wants to and believes it into existence. Like once she insisted my stove was on because the power light was on. That's because the OVEN was on! She told EVERYONE that she saw we left the stove on and we didn't even know it. I was cooking in the oven!! IDIOT! We explained a million times to her! I was cooking because she was visiting!
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Featured