Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

End of year appreciation gift for the teacher?

Anonymous
Posted by Anonymous
  • 35 Replies
At the end of each year I buy a small gift (card, a gift certificate) for my daughter's teacher to show my appreciation for their hard work. This year I was thinking of purchasing a gift for the bus driver. My daughter has had the same driver for two years now. I wanted to thank her for her service as well.

What do you guys think?

And do any of you ladies do this for teachers, administrators or anyone else who played a big part in your child's education for the year?
Posted by Anonymous on May. 24, 2013 at 8:28 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
nataliemaddymom
by Bronze Member on May. 24, 2013 at 8:30 AM
I usually do something for the bus driver, however my kids just informed me that their driver is gone for the remainder of the school year for her child's wedding so not sure what I will do now.
cupcake_mom
by on May. 24, 2013 at 8:31 AM
I'm going to make mine a mug. Well my dd is. They have those kits at Walmart that you can paint your own. Same for her teacher. For her tball coaches I'm doing something just not sure what yet
Livin.the.Dream
by Bronze Member on May. 24, 2013 at 8:31 AM
We do her teacher, gym teacher, art and music teacher . Mine doesny ride the bus but if she did I would buy for them to
donnag013
by Platinum Member on May. 24, 2013 at 8:31 AM

If I felt that the teacher was or aide or whatever was special to my child, I would. I am a teacher, and I just bought my 2 behavior assistants personalized lunchboxes. They are adorable, and a useful thank you gift as well.

cupcake_mom
by on May. 24, 2013 at 8:32 AM
Call the bus transportation and see if you can leave it with them for when she gets back

Quoting nataliemaddymom:

I usually do something for the bus driver, however my kids just informed me that their driver is gone for the remainder of the school year for her child's wedding so not sure what I will do now.
mom2the.rescue
by Platinum Member on May. 24, 2013 at 8:33 AM

I did for Christmas....and I'd like to for the end of the year as well.  But we're broke & the end is quickly approaching...so I think I'll just have them write them a thank you card.  And yes, don't forget the bus driver.  They get your kids to & from school safely each day.

notjstasocermom
by Sapphire Member on May. 24, 2013 at 8:33 AM

dd makes a gift

cupcake_mom
by on May. 24, 2013 at 8:34 AM
And during Christmas i make a cookie box for all her teachers and her bus driver big enough for them to share with their family
starlight91
by on May. 24, 2013 at 8:35 AM
1 mom liked this

My dd's are to old for that, they change classes , too many teachers to buy for.. But my dd collected $3 from every girl on her Lacrosse team, and we are going this weekend to get a best Coach Plaque for the coach.. Its her last yr with him, next yr she moves up to high school coaches...

lizfnf
by on May. 24, 2013 at 8:35 AM
1 mom liked this

I give gifts to our crossing guard (we walk to school), and to the person who greets my daughter every morning, as well as to the teacher and the two aides in my daughters class.  A little brown nosey?  Maybe.  But I love seeing everyone smile and they all work to make my daughter a happy and productive student.  I do lottery tickets for people other than her teachers.  The thrill of a potential early retirement!

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)