Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

Do you ever get hit on even looking a mess?

Posted by Anonymous   + Show Post
Yesterday I went and got my nails and eyebrows done. My hair was in a messy pony tail, I had a comfy PJ pants and dh work shirt. I went into the Safeway and got hit on 3 times. I was like wtf do you see how I look? I told them sorry and kept going my merry way. I thought it was strange. Wouldn't a guy want to hit on a women who has on nice clothes, hair done and makeup on. And yes the guys were cute. If I was single I would of gotten the numbers lol.
Posted by Anonymous on May. 24, 2013 at 8:29 AM
Replies (21-30):
brandydesiree
by on May. 24, 2013 at 8:47 AM
Sounds like my DH. It's more of an ego boost for him than it is for me!

Quoting SnapIt:

A lot!!

Hate it and it makes me feel uncomfortable

Hate when they find a way to approach me.

Even my SO says it to me, how it doesnt matter how i look because im always getting guys to turn their heads

He purposely walks behind me to watch them look

Then he puffs out his chest and walks around with a grin

It can be scary sometimes too. I watch how some guys will look at other women and its scary how they can be.

sgillen
by Silver Member on May. 24, 2013 at 8:48 AM
I haven't been hit on since before I was pregnant with DD
Anonymous
by Anonymous 6 on May. 24, 2013 at 8:49 AM
No, lol maybe?

I get told by ppl when they think someone was hitting on me but short of a guy coming up to me asking for my number and asking me out I tend to overlook it and miss the fact I am being hit on.
Anonymous
by Anonymous 7 on May. 24, 2013 at 8:49 AM
1 mom liked this

Getting hit on doesn't mean you're attractive or someone they want to date. They may have saw you as an easy mark because you obviously didn't appear to care about your appearance they may have felt you wouldn't care about strange either. 

Also, what you may consider getting hit on, may actually be them being nice or having a conversation. Unless a man specifically asks me for my number or asks about my marital status I don't take it as being hit on. 

emmypaige
by on May. 24, 2013 at 8:51 AM
In my old hometown they constantly hit on any women breathing, it's not flattering. Only one other place once I ran to the mailbox in sweats, and the moving truck guys next door yelled "hey you're so beautiful!" I just said thanks, and went back inside laughing because I looked like a total mess.
lancet98
by Platinum Member on May. 24, 2013 at 8:54 AM
3 moms liked this

Sure I get hit on when I look like a mess.  At sixty, the only thing being a mess does, is assure that the men who hit on me, will conform to the following formula:

Let A = age of man who hits on me.

Let B = degree of mess that I am

Let C = my age

A = C + (10 raised to the B power).

Wickedawesome88
by on May. 24, 2013 at 9:02 AM
One time I was putting ds on the bus in my Santa Jammie pants and hair all a mess. This guy drives by and nearly stops and stares at me then drives by really slow and smiles at me in that "hey, good looking" look.... I was like really buddy? You think I'd go for a guy that would be interested in such a hot mess lol
SnapIt
by Ruby Member on May. 24, 2013 at 9:05 AM
Yeap!
He never gets mad, it makes him feel really good
Crazy ass!
Lol

Quoting brandydesiree:

Sounds like my DH. It's more of an ego boost for him than it is for me!

Quoting SnapIt:

A lot!!

Hate it and it makes me feel uncomfortable

Hate when they find a way to approach me.

Even my SO says it to me, how it doesnt matter how i look because im always getting guys to turn their heads

He purposely walks behind me to watch them look

Then he puffs out his chest and walks around with a grin

It can be scary sometimes too. I watch how some guys will look at other women and its scary how they can be.

ErikaRobin
by Platinum Member on May. 24, 2013 at 9:09 AM

Once.  Recently.

I looked absolutely awful and he looked waaay too young and all I could think was "What the hell is wrong in your mind that you would hit on a 41 year old woman in a ponytail poppin' tags at Goodwill?!"

I wasn't as flattered as I was disturbed.  lol.

H.E.Smama
by on May. 24, 2013 at 9:09 AM
Once.. And i looked a hot dam mess, baggy shirt hair in a bun baggy jeans glasses on face flushed at the laundry mat.. But im not a eye turner so i don't get hit on often even when i look presentable
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN