Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

Do you ever get hit on even looking a mess?

Posted by Anonymous   + Show Post
Yesterday I went and got my nails and eyebrows done. My hair was in a messy pony tail, I had a comfy PJ pants and dh work shirt. I went into the Safeway and got hit on 3 times. I was like wtf do you see how I look? I told them sorry and kept going my merry way. I thought it was strange. Wouldn't a guy want to hit on a women who has on nice clothes, hair done and makeup on. And yes the guys were cute. If I was single I would of gotten the numbers lol.
Posted by Anonymous on May. 24, 2013 at 8:29 AM
Replies (41-50):
DevinAnnesmom
by Sarah on May. 24, 2013 at 9:18 AM
Yep. Actually more often than I do when I'm all made up. Most men prefer a natural look.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
ErikaRobin
by Platinum Member on May. 24, 2013 at 9:20 AM
1 mom liked this

Quoting Anonymous:

Getting hit on doesn't mean you're attractive or someone they want to date. They may have saw you as an easy mark because you obviously didn't appear to care about your appearance they may have felt you wouldn't care about strange either. 

Also, what you may consider getting hit on, may actually be them being nice or having a conversation. Unless a man specifically asks me for my number or asks about my marital status I don't take it as being hit on. 

This is true.

What happened in my instance was that we were looking at the same rack and we said hello to each other in passing.  Then it was "What's your name?" and it suddenly got weird.  Like 20-something chatting up an older mom to star in BBW-LATINO snuff film wierd. 

Sometimes when I'm alone, I like to Google myself.

If you like my style, follow my blog.  I am Random Ninja - Writer of Wrongs.
Click it.  Share it.  (Tell 'em it's just a cold sore.)

Pink.Sunshine.
by on May. 24, 2013 at 9:21 AM

yes and I wonder if the dudes are blind, desperate or what. Oh I attract winners. The last two times I've been hit on, were after these guys asked me for change to spare O.o really dude? Hell no I don't want you!

Anonymous
by Anonymous 10 on May. 24, 2013 at 9:23 AM
Omg lol, the one time i had old makeup on, a zit , and SPINACH IN MY TEETH! and this guy was still hitting on me.

I realized the spinach later.p
Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on May. 24, 2013 at 9:25 AM
Lol

Quoting Anonymous:

Omg lol, the one time i had old makeup on, a zit , and SPINACH IN MY TEETH! and this guy was still hitting on me.

I realized the spinach later.p

Anonymous
by Anonymous 7 on May. 24, 2013 at 9:29 AM

Quoting ErikaRobin:

Quoting Anonymous:

Getting hit on doesn't mean you're attractive or someone they want to date. They may have saw you as an easy mark because you obviously didn't appear to care about your appearance they may have felt you wouldn't care about strange either. 

Also, what you may consider getting hit on, may actually be them being nice or having a conversation. Unless a man specifically asks me for my number or asks about my marital status I don't take it as being hit on. 

This is true.

What happened in my instance was that we were looking at the same rack and we said hello to each other in passing.  Then it was "What's your name?" and it suddenly got weird.  Like 20-something chatting up an older mom to star in BBW-LATINO snuff film wierd. 

I never really knew it until some friends of DH brought it up. Beautiful women are less likely to be hit on if they're dressed well then the average looking woman in pj pants (just using that as an example.) With the beautiful woman who is nicely dressed, they know there isn't much of a chance so why waste their time, the average girl with the low self esteem is an easier mark. By paying her attention she feels she otherwise shouldn't be getting she's going to eat it up more, thus making it easier for them. It's a game. 

Now I'm not saying that about your situation (though it's obvious he thought you'd be easier play since you were older- nasty scum) just that in most cases it's how it goes. They pick up what they *feel* will be a sure thing. 

ErikaRobin
by Platinum Member on May. 24, 2013 at 9:44 AM

Quoting Anonymous:

Quoting ErikaRobin:

Quoting Anonymous:

This is true.

I never really knew it until some friends of DH brought it up. Beautiful women are less likely to be hit on if they're dressed well then the average looking woman in pj pants (just using that as an example.) With the beautiful woman who is nicely dressed, they know there isn't much of a chance so why waste their time, the average girl with the low self esteem is an easier mark. By paying her attention she feels she otherwise shouldn't be getting she's going to eat it up more, thus making it easier for them. It's a game. 

Now I'm not saying that about your situation (though it's obvious he thought you'd be easier play since you were older- nasty scum) just that in most cases it's how it goes. They pick up what they *feel* will be a sure thing. 

Too too true. 

Sometimes when I'm alone, I like to Google myself.

If you like my style, follow my blog.  I am Random Ninja - Writer of Wrongs.
Click it.  Share it.  (Tell 'em it's just a cold sore.)

Diamepphyre
by Ruby Member on May. 24, 2013 at 9:47 AM
Yup. Doesn't seem to have slacked off as I've gotten older either.
TheLooneyBinMum
by on May. 24, 2013 at 9:48 AM
Uh no. I don't get hit on looking my best lol
ColtsFan1912
by FriendoftheFoot on May. 24, 2013 at 9:49 AM

Nope. Not anymore.  I'm rarely out alone though.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN